Where to move

ninjasurfer99

Level 2 Member
My wife and I are looking to move in the next 6-8 months and want to alternate our time between living 3-6 months abroad and 2-4 months domestic. Ideally it'll be low cost of living, albeit high quality as we continue to build online income. We'd want an easy transition for the first couple places where it's not too remote, hard to get over language barriers, ect.

Some of the places we're currently looking-
Costa Rica - easy transition and we've spent a lot of time there so we know we'd love it. It's gotten a lot more expensive though.
Nicaragua
Spain - @Matt commented somewhere recently that's where he'd go, I guess rates are really great right now?
Panama

Domestic-
Anywhere Colorado
Chattanooga
Carolinas

Any thoughts, recommendations, advice or resources I should be looking at?

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
I've heard there is a pretty good expat/digital nomad community in playa del carmen. I imagine it's more expensive that central America but maybe not with the dollar being so high against the peso. We always talk about moving down to that area every trip.
What kind of work do you do? That kind of lifestyle is the dream. I'd love to figure out how to get there.

Phantom707

Gold Member
I've spent a number of years in Tennessee and have friends from Chattanooga. They really enjoy it, by the only issue is that it is a bit of of the way of everything else if driving is your main means of transportation. If you intend to fly to the majority of your destinations, that concern is probably alleviated. I can also recommend Nashville, with the suburbs being especially nice. It has an "almost big city" feel to it since it is still growing.

zceuxbhjutf

Panel 3 Member
For lack of info, questions I'd be thinking about during planning would be...

- there's a car in Costa Rica, and I have another car in Colorado?
- what seasons do I like best?
- is it worth crossing the equator for best seasons year round?
- which states tax the least (that are tolerable)?

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Have you thought about the west coast of Mexico? There is a large expat community at Zihuatanejo, and the cost of living is not as high as other parts of MX.