What's the best paid service for credit card scores? Like real scores?

pstravels

Level 2 Member
What's the most accurate paid service for credit card scores?

Is it the official bureau sites?

My Fico, CK, etc. are all fake scores.

A lot of the online ones give you the TU 08 or outdated scores.

Is there a site that legitly gives you your real score?

I'm thinking I might wanna invest in this for next couple months.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
There isn't such a thing as a real score in the sense you are using. Credit scoring is like a filing cabinet with various drawers and files. The credit scoring companies (there are lots of them not just FICO) subdivide the scores based on the request of the business using the credit score. For instance, if you want a car loan, the credit score used may place more emphasis on your instalment loan repayments (closed end loans) and less on open end loans. If you have a "thin" file, meaning, not a lot of credit history, the items used and the weighting will be different than a regular credit file. Even for the same product, such as credit cards, a lender might have 20 or 30 credit scoring systems to use.

orangemanatee

Level 2 Member
I work in the auto industry and see tons of actual bureaus and scores that the banks use. Just sold a car to an employee and CK matched what we pulled directly from TU and equifax.

Sidenote on the credit score subject: Many people chase scores, but I have found there's a much bigger picture lenders look at. Just sold a car to a family member and he had a 685 - got auto-declined by the bank due to high DTI (deb-to-income). Took a manual call to the bank to get an approval. We'll have people with 550's get auto-approved all day long. Scores mean something, but income/type of previous credit/type of credit payment history are the major deciding factors. I imagine CC approvals are much less strict than auto-lending, but still worth considering. Example: have joint accounts with the wife (CC, auto loans, and mortgage) all with perfect payment histories. Her real score was 720 after being an AU on all my cards. She got denied for Chase UA. She then got her own Freedom; her CL was twice mine (our income increased since I got mine). 2 months later, auto-approved for Chase UA.

Touristtrap

Level 2 Member
If you have Amex CC, Discover CC, PenFed CC, Citi CC, Barclay CC you have access to free FICO score.

Every agency might have a different score but they should provide very similar information after all.