What's my best course of action?

jmt1030

Level 2 Member
So I want to go to Cancun August 7th to the 10th.

I looked and could only find one award seat available, and I need two. Should I hold off and hope another one opens up, or should I book the one and hope the other one opens up in a couple months?

Thanks!

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I assume that there is a compelling reason to want to go to Cancun in THE hottest part of the summer there, right at the start of hurricane season?

Assuming yes, and also assuming that you are OK with paying to re bank the miles, should another seat not open up, I'd get the seat that's available now.

Is it that there are no seats in front, or no seats? Even if there's one in front and one in back, book two. It's easier to upgrade the lower one than to start from scratch.

If that's the case, worst case, you pay for premium economy for the second seat, and switch off, one flies F on the way there, the other on the way back.

jmt1030

Level 2 Member
I assume that there is a compelling reason to want to go to Cancun in THE hottest part of the summer there, right at the start of hurricane season?

Assuming yes, and also assuming that you are OK with paying to re bank the miles, should another seat not open up, I'd get the seat that's available now.

Is it that there are no seats in front, or no seats? Even if there's one in front and one in back, book two. It's easier to upgrade the lower one than to start from scratch.

If that's the case, worst case, you pay for premium economy for the second seat, and switch off, one flies F on the way there, the other on the way back.
Thanks! It's the only time I can go, so I don't have much of a choice. I'm flying from Miami, so weather wise, it's almost identical.

There is one seat in F available, and nothing else.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Good idea, Kenny. AND, once you've booked, find out the number for the BA partner desk, and call every single day to ask about available seats. Try to call as soon as possible after they open in the morning.

I did that with AK, and a week before I was to leave for IT, Biz seats opened up for the return flight. Husband and I were already booked in premium E, but got the seats together in Biz.