What is still working for meeting OBC spend?

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Hi - I got zeroed out last reward cycle on OBC. The 6.5k min spend on OBC didn't get triggered when I bought simon GCs.

What is currently triggering this? Will GCs in grocery stores still count? Thanks

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
CVS has been working for me. I buy $1K per visit.
Thanks Josh - can you pls confirm if any everyday purchases will count towards meeting 6.5k min spend for OBC? Because my purchases with Simon didn't count. This also made me think that purchase of any GCs won't count as RAT team will have L3 data. But since CVS is working for you, maybe my assumption is incorrect?

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Thanks Josh - can you pls confirm if any everyday purchases will count towards meeting 6.5k min spend for OBC? Because my purchases with Simon didn't count. This also made me think that purchase of any GCs won't count as RAT team will have L3 data. But since CVS is working for you, maybe my assumption is incorrect?
I did a mix of regular everyday purchases (elsewhere) and solely GC purchases (at CVS). I've seen a lot of speculation on whether certain spending amounts are the issue and/or its the L3 Data. I'm wondering if some of the variability is also due to manual reviews that can get triggered in certain scenarios. Certainly seems to be some YMMV. I can say it worked for me when I met my $6.5K in July/August and it still works for the 5% Pharmacy Spend.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
I did a mix of regular everyday purchases (elsewhere) and solely GC purchases (at CVS). I've seen a lot of speculation on whether certain spending amounts are the issue and/or its the L3 Data. I'm wondering if some of the variability is also due to manual reviews that can get triggered in certain scenarios. Certainly seems to be some YMMV. I can say it worked for me when I met my $6.5K in July/August and it still works for the 5% Pharmacy Spend.
Just when I thought I will get back to liquidating cards....on man! WM and Kroger now not working for money orders. All those who are buying not sure how you are liquidating those GCs. Also, with office stores GCs....

How is everyone dealing with this?

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Just when I thought I will get back to liquidating cards....on man! WM and Kroger now not working for money orders. All those who are buying not sure how you are liquidating those GCs. Also, with office stores GCs....

How is everyone dealing with this?
The last avenue I have left than is liquidating at Family Dollar. I can liquidate to H&R Emerald Block or AccountNow (I no longer have this card - I canceled it during COVID as between monthly and load fees - it wasn't worth my time/risk). Last time I tried it - I had success with offloading to either of those cards. But I've only had success doing $500 at a time and issues if I try more than a single $500 card per visit. There are 2 Family Dollars on the way home and I've had luck hitting them in succession. I suspect my GoBank card will work as well at FD - but I liked using that at WM since there were no load fees there (just the monthly fee). All my other avenues have died over the years.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
I'm stuck with 4k GCs and 2 new CCs that I need to meet in spend for.....usually relied on MS, but not anymore.....

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I'm stuck with 4k GCs and 2 new CCs that I need to meet in spend for.....usually relied on MS, but not anymore.....
You can do some other forms of creative spending - buying more GCs if those spend deadlines are coming close. Prepay for some things like insurance/other bills. Pay some things with a fee that aren't normally worth it (Rent, Taxes, etc) - but may be worth it for a bonus