WG $5 off purchase of 2 VGC

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
I'm at Walgreens in Dallas area now. That's not exactly the deal here unless you do a bunch of shopping at WG. You get a free $5 WG gift card.

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
In a follow up to my previous comment, does anyone know if you can apply the $5 WG GC to the fees related portion of a new Vanilla GC purchase?

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
In a follow up to my previous comment, does anyone know if you can apply the $5 WG GC to the fees related portion of a new Vanilla GC purchase?
Yes, you can use them towards the GC fee. Or, at least at my local stores you can. I imagine you can at all of them, as long as the cashier will let you. You can just swipe it on the terminal and it will process automatically, you don't have to tell the cashier you want to use a gift card.

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
Yes, you can use them towards the GC fee. Or, at least at my local stores you can. I imagine you can at all of them, as long as the cashier will let you. You can just swipe it on the terminal and it will process automatically, you don't have to tell the cashier you want to use a gift card.
Perfect! If thats the case, then that reduces the cost to $9.85 for $1500 in spend. Not bad.

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
Perfect! If thats the case, then that reduces the cost to $9.85 for $1500 in spend. Not bad.
True, but you can do better if you buy the VGCs in $1k increments. Then, you're down to $4.90 in costs for every $1k in spend. [Ignoring that for your first purchase on the deal, you won't have a $5 Walgreens gift card to use.]

With that strategy, you can get $2k in spend for $9.80--a whole five cents cheaper than your above scenario! :eek: