Wells Fargo- Close and Combine, have you heard this term?

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I'd never heard the term, "close and combine" before--have you?. SO got a new WFB Cash Back Visa Signature and we called to close his old WFB Plat and switch the CL to the new card. First person I talked to said, "it's a balance transfer,"-- nope. Second person called it a "line reallocation" but said the computer wouldn't let him do it so I asked to be escalated.

Got a nice rep who said it was called "close and combine" (I asked what the diff was betweeen line reallocation and close and combine and she didn't answer so I let it go.) She said she'd be glad to do it but not while the Platinum (his oldest card with NO benefits) still had a balance on it. Arghhhhh.. seems he decided to put his year end charitable contributions on it "just to keep it active," Guess he forgot the strategy. Some days I wonder why I even try to do any MS with our waning opportunities and recalcitrant partner!

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
Does he get the 5x bonus offer? My impression is in order to get 5x you cannot have an open credit card account and cannot carry a balance if the account is closed.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Does he get the 5x bonus offer? My impression is in order to get 5x you cannot have an open credit card account and cannot carry a balance if the account is closed.dk
That's the other "weird" thing. I applied for the 5x bonus offer (we have a joint WFB account. he used to get 5X offers in the mail, recently just me but it was available when I logged in ) for just a regular Cash Back and it went to pending but 3 days later an "upgraded" Cash Back Visa Signature account card appeared with "Nothing" in the paperwork about the addt'l 4% for 6 mos. As part of the call Wed I asked about that and the rep assured me it was "on" the account. I asked, "why isn't there anything in writing?"-- nothing in the materials I rec'c. He promised to send me a brochure. His old card had a $30++Limit, new one only $8K; I expected them to tell me I couldn't do anything about it before the 6 months was up.

I'm not quite sure why I'm bothering with this. It's just for regular gas, grocery and pharm (and we use Safeway anyway) for the first 6 months since it's almost impossible for us to get MOs. Only reason was it's there, his other card pays 0 rewards, I don't feel like putting $6500 on OBC and I was tidying up. They still haven't received his payment; I'll try to remember to post what happen4es. I do NOT trust ANY CSRs anymore so we shall see what happens with the Close and Combine.