Wells Fargo 5/24

HanoiIG

Silver Member
I just got rejected for a Propel Card, 1st turndown ever, even from the days when I had no $$$$. Credit rating always over 800 but "automatic" rejection for too many cards. I guess I really have come to the end of the trail! Oh, well, the bonuses were fun while they lasted.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
So. I've never been a fan of banks, and Wells Fargo is onmaybe makes them think I am reasonable but know how to blast them with public tweets?e of my least favorite. We did once have a mortgage with them and they were not great at responding but we refid.

I have found that social media is one of the best ways to get a response from a company. My "strategy" has been to DM them which
implies that I am reasonable but know how to tweet in public if I continue to be unhappy? Not sure but it often works.

Anyway their Twitter team reached out but they knew nothing and just said you were automatically rejected and wouldn't send me anywhere else. So I left it. Then I got emails that acted as if I were a customer, telling how my email address had been updated. I contacted them and they said "If you aren't a customer they must be in error. We will stop sending!"

Next I got a phone call leaving voicemail and when I returned the call they said it must have been a mistake.

Finally I got a call from someone who said "Social media team should have sent you to me for reconsideration, of course you can have a card!" So I'm getting Propel FWIW. Now I think I have the same problem I have with Barclay Arrival+, have to have travel expenses to use my points.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
So. I've never been a fan of banks, and Wells Fargo is onmaybe makes them think I am reasonable but know how to blast them with public tweets?e of my least favorite. We did once have a mortgage with them and they were not great at responding but we refid.

I have found that social media is one of the best ways to get a response from a company. My "strategy" has been to DM them which
implies that I am reasonable but know how to tweet in public if I continue to be unhappy? Not sure but it often works.

Anyway their Twitter team reached out but they knew nothing and just said you were automatically rejected and wouldn't send me anywhere else. So I left it. Then I got emails that acted as if I were a customer, telling how my email address had been updated. I contacted them and they said "If you aren't a customer they must be in error. We will stop sending!"

Next I got a phone call leaving voicemail and when I returned the call they said it must have been a mistake.

Finally I got a call from someone who said "Social media team should have sent you to me for reconsideration, of course you can have a card!" So I'm getting Propel FWIW. Now I think I have the same problem I have with Barclay Arrival+, have to have travel expenses to use my points.

Update: Now my wife got reconsidered and will get a Propel in the mail. Now all I gotta do is spend $6000 in 3 months! Fortunately I have several not prepaid hotel bookings and we will be eating out in cities so should be OK.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Their website doesn't seem to include pending transactions, though the app does. Also you can't add an outside account for payment until one transaction posts. their help team knows nothing, but today when a transaction finally posted, it prompted me to add a non-Wells Fargo account so that was easy.

Another plus is that they lay out the bonus rules and the date it ends. It also seems to indicate that you can't buy gift cards for the bonus spend.