Welcome to the Travel Codex crew

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
There's a tremendous overlap between Travel Codex forum members and our own, so many of you are already over here, but if you joined recently, I'd like to welcome you to the group.

I did ask Scott if I could acquire the resources/threads of Travel Codex and save that data from destruction, but there was an issue about ownership, and he wasn't comfortable with the situation, which is reasonable.
I'd like to ask you to pop over and copy your resources so that they can be kept here, rather than lost forever, if you have the time.

In terms of 'how we do things'. There's no buy in of posts/resources/points to gain Level 2 access (Level 2 is where we house all non- indexed content) but I do ask people to generally wait 10 days and have 10 posts here before asking for an upgrade. The only reason for the 10/10 rule is to slow down things when we get a large influx of new people, and also, it is quite amazing how asking for 10 posts turns off people. I'm not empire building, so turning people off is fine with me.

Suffice to say, Travel Codex had a higher barrier to entry in terms of volume than we do, and the only exception might be that we really emphasize the 'not being a jerk' aspect when bringing on new people. Not saying that happened over there, just that I'd rather have a nice, helpful person than a uber knowledgeable jerk on the team.

If you're coming from Travel Codex, don't feel the need to write up 10 posts here. I trust that if you gained 'status' over there then you're OK. You can just copy/paste your profile that has the status on it and I'll get you fast tracked. If you didn't gain status/traction there, then 10 posts helps me see a little of your character.

So, with that, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the guys from Travel Codex, I hope you'll stick around and we can keep this forum alive and kicking. I'm always open to suggestions for improvement, so speak up if you'd like to see something done, and if I can do it, and it makes sense to us, I'll get it done.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Haven't been around here much but chiming in to say welcome.

Generally we avoid posts that simply say "+1" or the like, with little value-added, but perhaps the practice can be bent a bit so we Saverocites can say welcome to the Codexers!

ShoNuffHarlem

Level 2 Member
Awesome to do this! Sad can't save the resources not sure why there is an ownership problem if T and C properly state all posts become ownership of board.

SherryFD

Level 2 Member
Matt's done a great job of creating an environment of respect and helpfulness. Welcome to all of you who are coming over from Travel Codex!

TProphet

Level 2 Member
There probably isn't anything I've posted on Travel Codex that is worth carrying over to here. I spend more time on flyertalk and reddit. Appreciate the invitation, though, and excited to be here! :)

Kristina

Level 2 Member
As sad as I am that Travel Codex is closing, I'm super excited to join the conversation here.

@Matt , I'll DM you a photo of my profile with the Travel Codex "status."

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

bigugly

Thanks for the welcome Matt. I had gotten personally very busy and hadn't accessed TC in several months, and noticed a couple weeks ago the forums were gone! I have barely posted over here, and I don't think I had anything over there that isn't probably already over here.

I'll see if I can find an old screen shot with my status.

JJAviator

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the welcome Matt. I had gotten personally very busy and hadn't accessed TC in several months, and noticed a couple weeks ago the forums were gone! I have barely posted over here, and I don't think I had anything over there that isn't probably already over here.

I'll see if I can find an old screen shot with my status.
bigugly! You were an excellent contributor on Travel Codex....glad to see you here. And a big Welcome to all Travel Codex members.