Review Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa

smittytabb

Staff member
Stayed three nights at this hotel right on the strip near Diamond Head in Honolulu in February 2014. I actually booked multiple reservations trying to game the best rate. So when I checked in I had them combine my reservations so I could stay in the same room, which they were happy to do. As a Platinum, I asked about the possibility of an upgrade. They put me in a huge suite with an ocean view on two sides with three balconies. It was one of the best upgrades I have ever gotten from a standard room. I had a huge living room, wet bar, two bathrooms and a bedroom with two queens. The Platinum amenity was a free mai tai at the poolside bar every night. The amenity mai tai is not as good as the premium mai tai, so be sure to have both:) Breakfast is included for Platinums in the hotel restaurant, which is not always the case at Marriott resorts. It was a pleasant enough buffet. I ate dinner a couple of nights at the poolside bar as the atmosphere was terrific and the food was good and fairly inexpensive. The location of this hotel and the setting are terrific. There are more elegant hotels in the area but for me the value was really there especially with the amazing upgrade.