Victoria Secret's Secret Rewards

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Frequent Miler posted a quick deal for VS:
  • Mail a 4 x 6 piece of paper (handwritten) with your Name, Address, Date of Birth, and email address on it in a #10 envelope.
  • Limit 1 card per person/per household/ per day.
Awards range from $10-$500 e-giftcards for VS.

You could have started sending entries yesterday if you have a VS credit card.

You can start on the 18th if you are a member of their Pink Nation--join for free.

You can start on the 25th if you are neither of the above, and it goes through the 29th of March.

More information on FM's Quick Deals, or check the post by Miles Per Day.

Sloebrake

Level 2 Member
I did some of the last one, got a $100 card. May skip this one after reading the terms. They doubled the cost and everything has to be hand-written.

"...a legibly handwritten, self-addressed, stamped envelope with sufficient return postage and a return address" - cost from 49 cents to 98 cents
"Mail-in entries, including both outer envelope and self-addressed, stamped envelope, must be handwritten."
" Each outer envelope must include a return address in the upper left hand corner that matches the requestor's street address indicated on 4 x 6 piece of paper included in the mail-in entry."
"Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes, that utilize address labels or stickers (for any address), that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will NOT be honored..."

Writing name, address, birthdate, email 30 times - ok. Did that last time, printed up some mailing labels, used some of those charity return labels I get mailed every now and than for kicks. No problemo.

Writing addresses another 4 times per entry sounds like a lot of extra work.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I figure that even w/the putzing, it's still a minimum of a $410 return for $41, and maybe three minutes per entry, or two hours total.

Get greater than the $10 e-cert, and the return is greater. But, at minimum, it's still in the area of $185/hour.

I need new lingerie. Free is very good.

Modern Nomad

Level 2 Member
Maybe I'm overthinking the rules, but the requirement for the information written on the 4X6 card includes:

"...valid email address, and date and year of birth..."

The date and year of birth part is written oddly. Are they asking for today's date and the year I was born, or my birthday?

I tried to get VS to answer via the chat service on their website, but they gave a canned response to consult with the program administer (via snail mail) if I had any specific questions.

SnaH3577

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the information, please note that:
-You need to included a self-stamped envelop with the hand written paper.
-Entry is per day and basing on postmark so Sunday will not likely be counted since they will be marked on Monday.

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
Does the self addressed stamped envelope need to have the victorias secret return address written in the corner, or just your address?

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
The rules say that they will discard any entries NOT handwritten. I'm not wasting my dollar a day, just in case!

Jamie

Level 2 Member
I'm going for this one. I did a few for the last one and it worked out pretty well. Didn't get more than $10 on any, but still didn't have trouble redeeming them, multiple transactions per visit.
The only part that worries me is that they say they will mail the cards, which means they'll use the SASE you include, which means I should maybe invest in slightly higher quality envelopes for the return envelope, since the cheap ones I bought years ago tend to not stay closed and require some scotch tape. I'm pretty sure the victoria's secret marketing arm people are not going to go to that trouble. ;-)

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
keep in mind that you can only use 1 gift certificate per order/store visit. they cannot be combined.
This is very much a YMMV situation. I've been doing this write in for the last several promos. My stores have allowed me to use more than one card in a transaction, but they make up their own rules regarding it. One store allowed me to use as many as I wanted as long as I bought enough to cover the full reward amount. Another store said I could only combine 4. I just try to find a way to work with whatever they offer me.

spamman808

Level 2 Member
Fresh off of the IHG success, I think I'll go for it with this one too. At least to the extent of the 20 or so leftover stamps I have from the last one. Cheap money!

Vic Diaz

Level 2 Member
I figure that even w/the putzing, it's still a minimum of a $410 return for $41, and maybe three minutes per entry, or two hours total.

Get greater than the $10 e-cert, and the return is greater. But, at minimum, it's still in the area of $185/hour.

I need new lingerie. Free is very good.
How are you coming up with the $410 return? If you start on the 25th it is only 34 days.

salmon51

Level 2 Member
I think that the entry period for PINK Nation people was only for one day at least that's what it looked like from what I read.

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
Glad to hear that store locations have allowed using multip gc at the same time. I dont live near a VS so the online option doesnt really work with only 1 gc per order and $8 s&h. I plan to use them during my Vegas trip at the end of March.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
IF you get one of a greater amount, then online works, fine.

The original info that I had was that PINK was from the 18th on. Why the blog stated that? Who knows?

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
Since it doesn't specify, I'm planning to put only my own. Fewer pen strokes are better!
So does that mean on the return evelope that I need to have my own address in the upper left hand corner as the return address or just put it on the return envelope once as the recipient?

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Both, apparently. They don't set up offers like this to be easy, or even logical. They set them up to be enough of a PIA that many people won't bother.

Littleblackdress

Little family
I have seen a few blogs write a four by six card instead of paper. I checked the rules, it defiantly a paper. Better safe than sorry!

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
If you have a paper cutter, it's quite easy to get 2 pieces of 4x6 from an 8.5x11.

And then have scrap paper left over.

Littleblackdress

Little family
I recently posted a request for a separate forum area to be created to track some of these odd ball sweeps. If anyone would like to see more of this please hop on over to suggestions and show interest: )

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
I received my first reward card in the mail today. I used a regular envelope, not a business size and it's tight, but it fits. It's two pieces. A larger "holder" and the actual card that you slide out of the holder. The card is larger than a regular gift card, it's 4.5 x 3.5 inches and it's stiff cardstock like paper, not a plastic card.

Littleblackdress

Little family
Thank you! I hope to see some of mine come in soon. Its been hard getting them out with my daughter, who thinks I am coloring. Then tries to steal my pen and by the tend of it there is a dozen pens crammed into a sofa and I have 3 entries written out.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
FWIW: rather than add a subforum, it's easier to just check "New Posts" to see if there's something of interest to you. I rarely, if ever, go to the subfora themselves, rather, I look at "New Posts" for the breaking news.

AlaskanTraveler

Level 2 Member
I received my first reward card in the mail today. I used a regular envelope, not a business size and it's tight, but it fits. It's two pieces. A larger "holder" and the actual card that you slide out of the holder. The card is larger than a regular gift card, it's 4.5 x 3.5 inches and it's stiff cardstock like paper, not a plastic card.
Still trying to understand if my self addresed envelope that I include needs to have a return address in the left hand corner or if I can just leave it blank. I've sent out 8 already and I havent included a return address in the upper left hand corner of the return envelope.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
The rules state "A return address" on the SSE, so I have been putting my own on it. Better safe than sorry...

It's not that big of a burden. I do each day's envelope the night before. Much better than the cramped hand from writing out 94 in three days, with the IHG!

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
I put a return address on all my SASE. I hand wrote my return address on my first entry. Thought I could use labels for it later and sent in 2 with return labels. I'm expecting those were disqualified. Then all the remaining entries I wrote out the return address.

Modern Nomad

Level 2 Member
Has anyone received gift cards yet from VS? I started mailing entries during the final 28 day period and haven't received anything yet.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Nope. I stopped when I figured that $10 x the number of my entries would be plenty for as many new bras and panties as I could possibly need--and, of course, maybe even more, if any score the bigger amounts.

My local VS will be thrilled, I'm sure, to be selling that many items, one at a time.

Seriously, though, I don't expect that the rewards will go out for a bit--not till all the entries are received. It makes more sense to send them en masse.