Victoria Falls hotels that don't cost a fortune?

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Looks like we'll do one night in Vic Falls between our time in Kruger and visit to Chobe. Any recs on hotels/B&Bs that don't break the bank? This is what the agent is suggesting:

US$192-00 per person sharing Vic Falls Hotel

US$172.00 per person sharing Victoria Falls Safari Lodge

US$152-00 per person sharing Ilala Lodge

US$145-00 per person sharing A’Zambezi River Lodge

Seems like a lot as we'll be out and about, and only at the hotel to sleep for one night. The agent is very open to guidance from me. Any recs for other places - or reasons to stay at one of the above - would be much appreciated! Thanks!

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Just rechecked the email from the travel agent and the prices are "B & B" which I guess must mean bed and board. If they include meals, they are not so high, but we really don't need meals except perhaps breakfast....

niehlin2

Level 2 Member
I believe it's bed and breakfast. It included breakfast when we stayed at the Victoria Falls Hotel.

bayguy

Level 2 Member
I stayed for 2 nights in Ilala lodge and price seems right. It's bed & breakfast and prices are insane in Zimbabwe where everything is charged in US$.

smittytabb

Staff member
Pay in another currency besides dollars?
Code:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-26034078
Kidding, but sounds like there are options.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Update - we made a res at the Green Tree Lodge in Livingstone. $90 a night and great reviews on Trip Advisor. Free airport pickup. Our plan is to see the Zam side on the afternoon of our arrival and the Zim side the next morning before a road transfer to Chobe.

Thank for the advice!