using $15 off 25 safeway coupon for donating to food bank

LowHassleMS

Level 2 Member
I have accumulated quite a few $15 off $25 coupons in the recent safeway GC promotion.

My plan is to buy food and donate to a food bank. I don't grocery shop at safeway, so I don't really know how to maximize these coupons with other coupons.

This is for charity, please help with ideas.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I have accumulated quite a few $15 off $25 coupons in the recent safeway GC promotion.

My plan is to buy food and donate to a food bank. I don't grocery shop at safeway, so I don't really know how to maximize these coupons with other coupons.

This is for charity, please help with ideas.
Contact your charity and ask them what they need most, likely tinned/canned products, buy them, donate them.

smittytabb

Staff member
Contact your charity and ask them what they need most, likely tinned/canned products, buy them, donate them.
I have worked with a food bank/food drive for more years than I want to admit. They can always used canned goods, especially those with protein, such as tuna. Calling and asking is a great idea. Give, give, give....

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Wonderful idea. I do shop at SW but sometimes I too have more coupons than I can reasonably use within the time frame.

I also agree - ask what they need - but you won't go wrong with high protein items with a long shelf life. You can always throw in some TP, diapers, paper towels and/or plastic bags too.

LowHassleMS

Level 2 Member
thanks for the suggestions.. the charity requested low sugar/salt canned foods. No perishables.

I saw a coupon for campbell soups in the safeway app. I think I'm gonna buy that a few times. I have about 10x $15 coupons.