Use Citi Prestige lounge access w/out card present??

DevonLouisville

Level 2 Member
I applied for and was approved for the Citi Prestige yesterday that provides AA Lounge access. I'm flying Saturday and have a long layover in Miami so we want to use the lounges. Citi says they can't expedite the card(called 3 times, asked for a supervisor each time). How can I still access the lounge?

I'm thinking there has to be times Prestige holders forget their card or it's lost and they still should be able to access the lounge while awaiting the new card. Anyone have experience with this?

DevonLouisville

Level 2 Member
Good idea. Amazingly enough after several calls to Citi yesterday where many supervisors told me they couldn't expedite my card..... get an email last night showing FedEx Overnight tracking for today's delivery. I have no idea of all my calls triggered it or what. I will say the supervisors were adamant that all Citi prestige cards arrive 7-10 layers and they never overnight them.
Either way I'll take it and my wife and I will enjoy the lounge tomorrow in MIA.

smittytabb

Staff member
I applied for and was approved for the Citi Prestige yesterday that provides AA Lounge access. I'm flying Saturday and have a long layover in Miami so we want to use the lounges. Citi says they can't expedite the card(called 3 times, asked for a supervisor each time). How can I still access the lounge?

I'm thinking there has to be times Prestige holders forget their card or it's lost and they still should be able to access the lounge while awaiting the new card. Anyone have experience with this?
Forgot my card yesterday. Actually I rarely have the Citi Exec or Prestige with me. I give them my AA number and they look it up. Whether or not you are in the system yet is another thing.

Oh and BTW they told me they couldn't expedite my card either, but oddly they did. I got it the day after I asked!

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
In my experience:

Citi always says they can't/won't expedite premium cards (aa exec, prestige)
They always do, regardless of whether you ask.

DevonLouisville

Level 2 Member
That's so bizarre. Why not just tell me they are already planning on expediting instead of lying or not having your people informed? That would be a better customer experience. I'm thrilled either way though.

DevonLouisville

Level 2 Member
They can look up with AA# with the Exec but not the Prestige. The Prestige is not tied to your AA account since it earns TY points. They know to grant access because of the card itself.