US Airways Credit Card - Last day to apply 3/31

secret traveler

Level 2 Member
I saw a blog entry today from FTG who said that his wife applied for the 50K miles - US Airways CC even though she has an open one and got it back in November and was approved. So I thought - hmmmmmm...

So I applied - even though I have an open one that I got in Oct. last year - even though I have 20 hard pulls in the past year - even though I just got approved for 2 cards (Alaska Air) last week - even though I usually get initially denied (because of all the hard pulls) and then convince the credit analyst that I am worthy - even though I have 4 other Barclay cards - SO ---- I got approved for the card with a $15K CL!

YMMV. Post below your results.

Last edited:

Tricia

Level 2 Member
I was just denied. I have 1 US airways card, which I have had for over a yr, I don't do much spend on it. And I have an Arrival card, which I have had for over a year, which I do a lot of spend on. I initially got "pending review", but then was denied. I called twice and was told by both reps that the reason I was denied was that I already have the card.

idearr

Level 2 Member
I had both an Arrival card and a US Airways card, probably 18 months and 15 months old. Lots of spend on the Arrival card, not so much on the US Air card (but I did try to use it every few months). I applied earlier this week and was instantly approved for a 2nd US Airways card. I did assume I would be rejected if I didn't get instant approval but thought it was worth a shot.

Good luck folks!

MPA

Level 2 Member
Check out the thread on reddit: r/churning, just applied through the referral link and received an instant aproval.

grebel

Level 2 Member
Whew, Applied for both my wife and I on Thursday. If they just took down the websites, seems we applied just in time!

duffman

Level 2 Member
I applied on two family accounts. First was rejected citing that I already had the product and just closed the card a few weeks ago. The second was rejected because I currently hold the card. At least they both said they didn't do a hard pull :/

In the past I have held multiple US Air cards and also been able to apply for a new one a right after I closed my old card.

Given these reasons is there anything I can say to them that could get the app through? I have HUACA a few times and they all had the same response :/