UR Transfer Error

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
I had an issue yesterday with a UR transfer I was trying to make, and I'm wondering if anyone has had this experience before.

I was transferring 47K points to Southwest and 16K points to Hyatt for an upcoming trip. I submitted the SW transfer, got taken to the transfer confirmation page, and got a confirmation e-mail. The points showed up immediately.

I then submitted the 16K Hyatt transfer, but nothing happened. I let it sit for a minute, then clicked the cancel button. It took me back to UR home, where I logged out/logged in, and no record of the transfer was there. I checked the Hyatt side, and nothing. I attempted it again, and the same thing happened. Again I logged in/out on both sides, and nothing. I decided to try a different browser, since it appeared to be doing nothing. I got the same result from Firefox, so I decided I'd just call in to make the transfer. I logged in/out one more time, and found 48K deducted from my UR. Not the end of the world, since I plan to burn ~75K at Hyatt later this year or early next year, but only 16K showed deposited on the Hyatt side. I have 32K points in limbo somewhere.

I contacted Chase by SM, and they said "transfers can take up to 72 hours." Nevermind all 3 were submitted less than 5 minutes apart. Why would only one of the three show up? I'm not concerned about triple the amount going to Hyatt, as long as they actually get to Hyatt.

Anyone have this issue before?

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I had an issue yesterday with a UR transfer I was trying to make, and I'm wondering if anyone has had this experience before.

I was transferring 47K points to Southwest and 16K points to Hyatt for an upcoming trip. I submitted the SW transfer, got taken to the transfer confirmation page, and got a confirmation e-mail. The points showed up immediately.

I then submitted the 16K Hyatt transfer, but nothing happened. I let it sit for a minute, then clicked the cancel button. It took me back to UR home, where I logged out/logged in, and no record of the transfer was there. I checked the Hyatt side, and nothing. I attempted it again, and the same thing happened. Again I logged in/out on both sides, and nothing. I decided to try a different browser, since it appeared to be doing nothing. I got the same result from Firefox, so I decided I'd just call in to make the transfer. I logged in/out one more time, and found 48K deducted from my UR. Not the end of the world, since I plan to burn ~75K at Hyatt later this year or early next year, but only 16K showed deposited on the Hyatt side. I have 32K points in limbo somewhere.

I contacted Chase by SM, and they said "transfers can take up to 72 hours." Nevermind all 3 were submitted less than 5 minutes apart. Why would only one of the three show up? I'm not concerned about triple the amount going to Hyatt, as long as they actually get to Hyatt.

Anyone have this issue before?
Nope, and mine have always been instantaneous. I would say that if nothing is there in 72 hours then follow-up with Chase again.

torkay

Level 2 Member
Usually it's instant however sometimes it does glitch and being that they don't guarantee instant transfers your only option is to wait

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
They escalated after my last message, and just messaged me back that they resolved it.

Weirdly, they ended up reversing one of the transfers, but not both. I got a +16K adjustment to my UR balance, and a few hours later, 16K ended up in my Hyatt account. No missing points anymore, which is all I really cared about. I just find it weird that they would manually adjust, but split how they adjusted. Who knows, maybe one of them was pending after all.

russ

Level 2 Member
Same thing happened to me doing a Hyatt point transfer. I just waited a day and the transfer worked out. The other 10 or so transfers I have done have been instant.