UR Household Transfer Question

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Instead of spelling out the complex scenario that actually exists, I will simplify. Actually, I'll make 2 questions out of it after simplifying :)

I have a couple of UR-earning cards including the CSP. So I can transfer points around. If my wife has ONLY an Ink Cash card, can her points be transferred to my stash? It reads like I could do this but I'm looking for a definitive experience as I don't want to make a mistake here.

Part 2: I assume I can downgrade a Ink Preferred to an Ink Cash with ease. Right?

TIA

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Instead of spelling out the complex scenario that actually exists, I will simplify. Actually, I'll make 2 questions out of it after simplifying :)

I have a couple of UR-earning cards including the CSP. So I can transfer points around. If my wife has ONLY an Ink Cash card, can her points be transferred to my stash? It reads like I could do this but I'm looking for a definitive experience as I don't want to make a mistake here.

Part 2: I assume I can downgrade a Ink Preferred to an Ink Cash with ease. Right?

TIA
Yes, your wife’s points can be transferred/combined with yours.

Yes, the CIP can be product changed to CIC after the first year. You have to call Lynn. It can a longer be done by secure message

projectx

Level 2 Member
No problem transferring her points to your stash.
Just curious... are you going to upgrade to the CSR to get the extra uplift? Or are you just transferring out to travel partners?

knick1959

Level 2 Member
No problem transferring her points to your stash.
Just curious... are you going to upgrade to the CSR to get the extra uplift? Or are you just transferring out to travel partners?
I'd rather just bank the UR for future trips. I tried applying for the CSR when the bonus was 100k but was way too non-5/24 compliant. That's coming down with reduced activity, but still ... I'd rather not mess with upgrading my CSP. The CSR is not very attractive to me EXCEPT for that 1.5x pay yourself thing, and I'm still happy holding the UR for later. You can call me an optimist, but not very many people do!

I've transferred my wife's CIP UR to my account but I obviously have to get HER to call in to downgrade. She's been complaining about it all day! She'll give in eventually!!

I'll do some more math based on the CSR but I still don't think it will interest me. Thanks for reminding me about the possibility, tho.

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Oh, part of the latest incentive to move on this is that the CIP fee posted 12/1. She's had it for a year, and while if we were traveling heavily it might offset the fee, the need for more Staples capacity is more important (as mentioned in another world).

knick1959

Level 2 Member
Anyone else ever do this? I spent 13-14-15k at Staples the last 2 months and didn't realized I had passed the max Ink Cash 25k bonus level for the year sometime in late October. I'm a dummy! Those silly fee-free VGC deals! And now so difficult to liquidate them.

projectx

Level 2 Member
Gotcha. If you're normally using them for transfer partners thennitnmay not make sense. For me the $300 travel credit combined with the 1.5c cashout/travel option more than offsets the difference in AF. If the vast majority of my UR usage wasn't for cashouts it might change the equation.

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
Anyone else ever do this? I spent 13-14-15k at Staples the last 2 months and didn't realized I had passed the max Ink Cash 25k bonus level for the year sometime in late October. I'm a dummy! Those silly fee-free VGC deals! And now so difficult to liquidate them.
ouch 😂