UR account completely cleaned out

Tom Juhn

Level 2 Member
I logged into my UR account this morning. I had 150k yesterday. This morning I had zero. I look at the account history and there is a deposit of 305k into my account and a withdrawal of 505k. They are names I do not recognize. I sent a message to support. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I logged into my UR account this morning. I had 150k yesterday. This morning I had zero. I look at the account history and there is a deposit of 305k into my account and a withdrawal of 505k. They are names I do not recognize. I sent a message to support. Has anyone had this happen to them?
While I normally love the Secure Message Center, I'd be on the phone ASAP regarding this IMO. The sooner you can have someone look into it, the better. Good luck!

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

While I normally love the Secure Message Center, I'd be on the phone ASAP regarding this IMO. The sooner you can have someone look into it, the better. Good luck!
+1. Get on the phone and crawl up someone's ass until you get your points back. Good luck.

sriki

Level 2 Member
Just a thought: someone at chase manually did a transfer to the wrong person. The person requesting it contacted chase to correct it and agent responding dumped all the points from this freshly rich account to the original requestor. Said original requester is very happy and the OP is one sad panda now. I think it will corrected soon and without much hassle.

Tom Juhn

Level 2 Member
I called yesterday and the first rep was completely confounded because there were two transfers which were not done online but with a rep. One transferring points in and one cleaning out the account. She escalated to her supervisor and she treated me like I was scamming Chase. She kept asking if I knew the two people on the other two accounts and kept repeating, "I don't understand". We left it that she will be sending it to the Marketing and Fraud departments and they will be pulling the calls. I will have answer in the proverbial 7-10 days.

lancemahn

Level 2 Member
Here's hoping for a positive outcome. Your experience prompted me to look into some accounts I have not been watching as they were not used as planned last spring. Curious how often folks here revisit their accounts online, and, how many use something for tracking, i.e. AwardWallet?

PainCorp

Level 2.14 on Dining/Travel until 12/15
Here's hoping for a positive outcome. Your experience prompted me to look into some accounts I have not been watching as they were not used as planned last spring. Curious how often folks here revisit their accounts online, and, how many use something for tracking, i.e. AwardWallet?
I use awardwallet, and check DL (the only account I actively use that it can't check) at least every few days, more if it's between the 4th-6th of every month.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
I check at least once a day (around 9:30PM ET when Chase, BA+ posts transactions / payments) -- to review transactions, ensuring VSE credits are awarded / posted ... For AmEx and Serve, I check around 9:30AM when those transactions post.

But it's every hour for OBC and Coop.

SanSan

Level 2 Member
That's awful. I've had to close 2 credit cards down due to fraud recently. It's such a hassle. I hope we don't have to worry about mileage hackers scamming our accounts.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
That's awful. I've had to close 2 credit cards down due to fraud recently. It's such a hassle. I hope we don't have to worry about mileage hackers scamming our accounts.
Same here, a Chase and an Arrival+--fradulent charges.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
I check at least once a day (around 9:30PM ET when Chase, BA+ posts transactions / payments) -- to review transactions, ensuring VSE credits are awarded / posted ... For AmEx and Serve, I check around 9:30AM when those transactions post.

But it's every hour for OBC and Coop.
What do you do for a living?

richklhs

Level 2 Member
if you have delved into the .onion hidden web lately you will see the ridiculous number of award accounts for sale. It seems like picking off crippled deer to these people. All my passwords are 15 character special symbols which I check daily on award wallet. Eye opening stuff

Tom Juhn

Level 2 Member
Actually my SW rapid rewards account was compromised and had to set up a new password for them. Weird stuff.

crapz1

Level 2 Member
Man that sucks. Hope you get your points back. I'd be pissed knowing all the work that goes into earning those hundreds of thousands of UR