Dismiss Notice
Welcome to The Forum. Please register here, to join the conversation. It only takes a moment!

Upgrade offer on Hilton HHonors Surpass CC

Discussion in 'Hilton' started by heavenlyjane, Jun 22, 2016.

1. knick1959

knick1959 Level 2 Member

I know I am probably being overly cautious, but I've got this new card at the brink - 2983-something via 2 gc.com orders. Once they post I'll add $20 to my amazon account and wait for points.

Question: I checked. I acquired the fee-free Hilton AMEX for my wife directly some years back for 75k points. It has since been closed. But she's never had the Surpass card. She's free to get the bonus on that as a new account, right? My memory says yes, but Citi's change in policies is interfering with these thoughts.

2. Craig

Craig Level 2 Member

You can get the bonus on each the Surpass and fee-free Hilton Honors card.

3. Craig

Craig Level 2 Member

Can confirm that I just received my 100k bonus on the upgraded Surpass one week after receiving the 100k signup bonus on a new Surpass. Now to downgrade both and hope for additional upgrade offers before the 100k promo ends on May 31!

4. currid7

currid7 Level 2 Member

Any chance of adverse against by Amex after "excessive" downgrading / upgrading? I'm taking a "screw em" attitude after they jipped me out of my 100k Upgrade (I'll probably do a CFPB) but don't want to risk my other accounts.

5. Craig

Craig Level 2 Member

Maybe?

6. currid7

currid7 Level 2 Member

What's the best way to downgrade it?

7. Suzie

Suzie Level 2 Member

I used chat

8. knick1959

knick1959 Level 2 Member

I met the MSR 3 days ago, my points are there today. Yes!

9. EightBall

EightBall Level 2 Member

Just to follow-up: 100k posted on the new Surpass a few days after meeting 3k spend. Then a week later 100k posted on the upgraded Surpass also a few days after meeting 3k spend. Still a little time left if anyone is thinking about double-dipping.