2 Years Old
CSP, Ink Plus, SPG
11 months old
SW Plus, SW Biz Plus
3-4 months old
Barclays US Air, citi AA personal, Chase Freedom
1 month old
Amex Biz Gold

I am considering applying for Chase United Explorer 50k, Barclay Arrival+ 40k, Amex EVeryday Preff, Citi Premier50k, and discover It. I am going to cancel the SW personal after I apply but I am wonder if I should lower the credit limit of 20k before to help get approved for United card. Also is this too many and is there any other cards I should be considering? Credit score is 790. Thanks for any help!

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
I don't think it's too many but that all depends on your debt/income levels. Your high credit score indicates you're probably fine.

I would apply to Barclays first. If you get pending call right away and offer to provide whatever info they want. They might say something about having just opened the US Air card. Tell them you don't like the new program and want a card that works better for you. Might have to be ready to close it in order to get the A+.

The rest should be pretty easy.

Rckcmp

Level 2 Member
Thanks! I paid all statement balances off today and looking at midweek as App Day. Going to cancel Southwest personal card after. I should net around 155k points on top of the 75k for AMEX Biz Gold, 50k for citi AA card, 50k U.S. Air Card, and 20k Chase Freedom,. Not a bad first half year!

Rckcmp

Level 2 Member
Got approved for United Explorer 50k, Barclay Wyndham 45k, Citi TY Premier, AMEX EDP, and Discover it Miles. Got denied after calling chase reconsideration line for Ink Cash. I already have Chase Ink Plus for my outside sales job expenses and SW Plus for a side biz. They still would give me the card when I called today. Do you think it is because I called after the day I applied and they saw the recent credit apps? I even offered to close my SW account and move credit over and they said that I was lo picky to have that because my business didn't have enough revenue. I'm just worried they might shut down my accounts even though I have a great credit score and low utilization. Thanks for any input.