Unlocked/Verizon iPhone 6/Plus

kazuken

Level 2 Member
My thought but a lot of work:
1. Buy iPhone 6/Plus for Verizon from Costco, pay tax on 139/239 (other stores you pay tax on 650/750)
2. Pay 60+tax monthly, 30 activation. 350 ETF (might be taxed too?)
3. Trade any phone, buy dumbphone/cheapest from T-Mobile (30)
4. Transfer to T-Mobile, get $350 in prepaid visa, then liquidate.

Total cost (CA tax):
6 : ~630 - 350 = ~280
6 Plus. ~730 - 350 = ~380

Lot of work, whats the best way to do it?

Are you sure you get $350 as Prepaid Visa in step 4? I believe you get a T-Mobile credit used for paying your regular bill. So, if your monthly T-Mobile bill is $50, you don't need to pay anything for 7 months.

kazuken

Level 2 Member
Yes, the Visa is mentioned here.
Code:
http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/switch-carriers-no-early-termination-fee.html

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Has you checked out the iPhone forums on macrumors.com?

I usually upgrade every year (yes, total Apple Fanboy), but didn't jump on iPhone 6 yet... still can't decide on the size!!! I usually am able to sell the previous model at a good price -- was surprised at the market prices for 5s model. I sold my iPhone 5 32GB for $450...and just bought the VZ 5s model at full price (I'm an AT&T customer ... only reason I'm still with AT&T is because I have the $30 / month grandfathered unlimited data plan); chose VZ model because it's useful for traveling internationally.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
T-Mobile store told me it could be any phone even a $30 dumbphone. or you can always use your return protection on AmEx
Last year, TCB was running a weird Virgin mobile promotion. It was a $20 money maker...all you had to do was buy a cheap phone ($35 cashback, $15 for the phone). I noticed there's a $80 cashback promotion for T-mobile activations....