united mileageplus churning

benjamin77

Level 2 Member
The way to churn united is to open a new united acct and then apply using the regular 30k link using your new united number.After the 30k post I repeat only after the 30k post sm them asking to match the 50k offer that you heard about and they will be glad to do it.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Just to clarify, it sounds like you're not churning but just asking for a match to the better offer. If that's the case, why not just apply for the better offer in the first place? I only match if a better offer comes out within 90 days of applying...

I would think if you're talking about having separate United Accounts to churn, Chase would still be smart enough to see it's the same SSN.

benjamin77

Level 2 Member
Yes i'm talking about churning the same card again and again. Each time you apply close the previous united card and open a new united acct then apply for another united card and chase will allow you to get the points again but if you ask for the match before the points post they will realize you got the card already and not allow the points to go through. This has been done many times by many people.

chunkalunk

Level 2 Member
You two are talking around each other.

Benjamin, it sounds like you are suggesting that people:
open new United account > apply for 30K offer > sm to match 50K offer > open new account > apply for 30K offer > sm to match 50K offer > and so on

Josh brings up two points:
1) Why wouldn't you just apply for the 50K offer in the first place and skip the sm match step?
2) How would you get the same cc bonus from Chase over and over? Chase won't give you the bonus on the same product over and over again. The problem is the multiple Chase accounts, not the multiple United accounts.

How exactly is this churnable?

yuneeq

Level 2 Member
You two are talking around each other.

Benjamin, it sounds like you are suggesting that people:
open new United account > apply for 30K offer > sm to match 50K offer > open new account > apply for 30K offer > sm to match 50K offer > and so on

Josh brings up two points:
1) Why wouldn't you just apply for the 50K offer in the first place and skip the sm match step?
2) How would you get the same cc bonus from Chase over and over? Chase won't give you the bonus on the same product over and over again. The problem is the multiple Chase accounts, not the multiple United accounts.

How exactly is this churnable?
You both misunderstood him. This is what he's saying, as I've done it before.

1) Cancel United card after receiving 50k.
2) Open a new United account
3) Apply for new United card 30k
4) After points post, sm to match to 50k
5) ?????
6) Profit!

chunkalunk

Level 2 Member
So this is a 1 time churn then...because the 50K and 30K cards are considered different products? I was under the impression that Chase wouldn't give you the bonus for the same CC within 12 months of having the same product.

And for clarification, when I think "churn", I think of something that can be repeated over and over again. Not just 1 time. (semantics)

Otherwise, how is this any different than closing ANY cc, then opening a new one for the bonus?

yuneeq

Level 2 Member
So this is a 1 time churn then...because the 50K and 30K cards are considered different products? I was under the impression that Chase wouldn't give you the bonus for the same CC within 12 months of having the same product.

And for clarification, when I think "churn", I think of something that can be repeated over and over again. Not just 1 time. (semantics)

Otherwise, how is this any different than closing ANY cc, then opening a new one for the bonus?
This is a churn, as in you can do it over and over again. Most people on FT and elsewhere are simply misinformed as to the churnability of Chase credit cards. Most will tell you 18-24 months until you can churn a Chase card, but DDFers have churned chase cards after a few months.

ushdadude

Level 2 Member
This is a churn, as in you can do it over and over again. Most people on FT and elsewhere are simply misinformed as to the churnability of Chase credit cards. Most will tell you 18-24 months until you can churn a Chase card, but DDFers have churned chase cards after a few months.
I've read reports that you can get a chase bonus even if you have the first card still open. As long as you get approved for a chase card you will get the bonus. the trick is getting recon to approve an app for a card you still have open.

Corridor!

Level 2 Member
Very Interesting. I have been into this for about 3 years and I haven't tried to churn a Chase cc yet. I would imagine that this will also work if I am still able to replicate the 50K application? I have tried to replicate the app since my wife applied for it a few months ago.

yuneeq

Level 2 Member
Very Interesting. I have been into this for about 3 years and I haven't tried to churn a Chase cc yet. I would imagine that this will also work if I am still able to replicate the 50K application? I have tried to replicate the app since my wife applied for it a few months ago.
I tried replicating the 50k offer. Problem is you have to have some history with united to get the offer targeted to you. When I pulled up the 50k offer page using my old account, it didn't let me switch the FFN to a new one.

And when your churning you need a new united account to sign up so you're not going to get targeted.

My guess is you can build up a little history on the new account to see if you get targeted.

ushdadude

Level 2 Member
I tried replicating the 50k offer. Problem is you have to have some history with united to get the offer targeted to you. When I pulled up the 50k offer page using my old account, it didn't let me switch the FFN to a new one.

And when your churning you need a new united account to sign up so you're not going to get targeted.

My guess is you can build up a little history on the new account to see if you get targeted.
or just SM to match:p

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member

5) ?????
6) Profit!
This is the same as
"open new United account > apply for 30K offer > sm to match 50K offer > open new account > apply for 30K offer > sm to match 50K offer > and so on"
No?

Can your 1-6 be rinsed and repeated?

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member

5) ?????
6) Profit!
Clarification - does step #2 refer to a new United Mileage Plus acct? So then you have multiple United Plus accts? Or do you just ask United to merge them? Thanks.

benjamin77

Level 2 Member
After you get the points in the 2nd united acct you can combine them if you want but it must be a diff united acct than the first one

benjamin77

Level 2 Member
Even if you can convince them to give you a 2nd united card while the first is open(although I don't see the point as you should move over the credit before you close it, as all churners do)I doubt they would match the 50k offer as they will see you have the card already therefore one should close the first one before applying for the 2nd.

yuneeq

Level 2 Member
This is the same as
"open new United account > apply for 30K offer > sm to match 50K offer > open new account > apply for 30K offer > sm to match 50K offer > and so on"
No?

Can your 1-6 be rinsed and repeated?
Almost exactly the same steps. Though when you are applying for the first time you can find a 50k offer sometimes, so for the first card I would go that route. After that I would follow steps 1-6, rinse and repeat.