United GPU Charity Auction

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
We have one United GPU to give away. These GPUs seem to sell from about $200 and upwards. Expiring 04/15. Note you must travel by this time.

A GPU is the highest form of United upgrade, and will work on paid flights... anything up to international long haul, generally upgrading all available segments. For the terms (including fare eligible fare classes) please see here.

100% of the sale price will be added to the pool for our Q1 Charity Project C.U.R.E. that I am supporting via credit card revenue.

Please start your bids by leaving a comment below. The highest bid by 12 noon (Eastern) on Sunday March 8th will win!

DL172

Level 2 Member
I'll bid $30, I know I wouldn't be able to use but perhaps could give it as a gift. Btw. where do you see GPUs sold for $200?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I'll bid $30, I know I wouldn't be able to use but perhaps could give it as a gift. Btw. where do you see GPUs sold for $200?
I saw them as high as $450 on Craigslist... But I did see $200 on DDF (I just googled gpu for sale to get an idea)

MLH

Level 2 Member
Would this work for upgrading to first class on all 4 legs of an upcoming trip to Hawaii? MSP - SFO - HNL and return. Got in on the cheap UA deal.

T

THG

Would this work for upgrading to first class on all 4 legs of an upcoming trip to Hawaii? MSP - SFO - HNL and return. Got in on the cheap UA deal.
No. It's for one-way only. You would need 2 of these for round-trip per person. Also, travel needs to be done by next month.

You would want to call United as well and see if the GPU certificate qualifies for your paid ticket.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that it will only upgrade one way, you'd need another GPU to upgrade the return flight. Also, you need to check the fare class that you booked into and make sure it is eligible... then lastly, you need to have the space available.

Here's some more on how it works: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1325287-learning-new-website-how-find-swuable-fares.html

The fare class the ticket would go into is R so you'd need some R space available (and RN if elite)

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
$50. it's for charity!
Great! Thanks very much. Will get the cert sent over to you. You can paypal me the money to matt@saverocity.com and I'll add it on to the quarterly donation to Project C.U.R.E. or if you would prefer you can donate directly and email me the contribution receipt as proof of payment (and you get to deduct it).