United Club Card - No Fee for the First Year

ChiliPalmer

Look at me.
I haven't had this card so I'm not certain, but I think the fee waiver is pretty unusual.

This might be targeted, but there's no unique code in the mailing that came.

Here's the link:

http://mpclubcard.com/fall2014

I know there's no sign-up bonus, but 1.5 miles per dollar of spend is pretty good, plus you get the (terrible) United lounges for a year.

ChiliPalmer

Look at me.
Looks like the standard offer is $395/year, with $100 credit the first year. So with that link, and if you qualify, you'd save $295 on your first year.

Road Humps

Level 2 Member
I got this card earlier this year with first year waived. Word is that offer is open to applicants inside branches as well.

Jawa

Level 2 Member
If the link shows you standard offer with annual fee try clearing cookies and clicking again or clicking the link while in incognito mode. Like Road Humps said, you can often get the fee waived by applying in a chase branch or sending a secure message and asking for the offer. While this card does not come with a sign-up bonus, it does come with priority check-in/security, which can be quite handy depending on how busy your home airport is if you don't have tsa pre. When you have this card the perk is tied to your mileage plus account. So even when I am forced to book travel for work on united using my corporate card instead of the club card I still get the perk.

kidooo

Level 2 Member
Thanks, my card got charged AF last month after a year of having it, SM said i have 60 days to cancel but wouldn't waive it, guess it's time to cancel and get one for wife

plane2port

Level 2 Member
I just took a trip to Crete with a complicated multi-leg United award ticket. I had access to the Star Alliance business lounges in all the cities that I transited thanks to the club access provided with this card. It was well worth the HP to get this card.