Un75h6350 TV strategy purchase

Vince

Level 2 Member
This might be a little random but how do you get the best deal on a 75 inch brand new Samsung TV? Can this be done for $2000 or less?

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Never ordered online through these stores: BigBoxSuperStore ($1789 after instant $60 discount with free delivery, 3 to 5 business days; no tax!)
Code:
http://shar.es/1bWH7c
I personally would order a TV from Crutchfield ... or Costco. (downside for me is I get charged sales tax)

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Abes of Maine ... East Coast TV... those are the other stores that have the lowest prices
Code:
https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9099077072662152260?q=pricegrabber+Samsung+UN75H6350&es_sm=91&biw=1418&bih=720&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&tch=1&ech=1&psi=Svy2VOedAoqYNtbrg5AD.1421278375209.3&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX-GTwH-o79rQgksj7pBzksnTV5yL4c3qgXwkX3Ile_yGF42Ev3Qouv7tvYw8Ot6e_mVk3RRpLxBj4caIdNXdzWkM91MjeZYnmBAiB7iWDOCpp3RHGhIZAFPVH73KXGdET1n5t2t8IVeuD47SmjRv3Q&ei=ufy2VJn1AYXegwSlzYKgBw&ved=0CIQEEKYrMAA

Vince

Level 2 Member
That big box superstore has allot of fraud comments.

East coast TV is bad too I actually ordered a TV from them two weeks ago in regards to this topic. Ordered it got a call from a guy two days later saying that they messed up and the TV was not that price and charged me $400 more. It seems those companies that pop up on google sales are pretty greasy. So bottom line east coast TVs is confirmed bad news. I squashed it quickly once the new Malarchy receipt came through I emailed east coast saying I cancel I did not agree to that price. Bthere guy threatened said I would be charged a delivery fee. I laughed the order was just put through unless he's the flash that was bogus. Do you think AMAZON would drop there price in that region? Did I miss my chance with Black Friday?

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
How shady do you want to go to get this deal?

I have a post about securing a deal, but it's too uncomfortable for me to follow through.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
The CES was held earlier this month.. I assume retailers will start marking down TVs to clear the current models. Plus, if you can wait, there are usually deals on TV right before the Superbowl.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
I plain just refuse to buy anything from Best Buy. Though I'm Elite Plus from just buying VGC's, I have 45 day to return and exchange. I find it ridiculous you have to spend $1500 to reach Elite for the 30 day return and exchange period. Plus, I've had the infamous return ban.

I mainly go to BBY to showroom.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
FWIW, I found, to my shock, that BB had the best price, by far, on a Whirlpool Gold dishwasher, last Oct. I spent three days comparison shopping, and was amazed at the price difference.

By at least a couple hundred dollars. Well under $500, and the others were close to $700 for the same model. Free delivery, and the hoses kit cost a buck less than Amazon.

They are certainly not my favorite place to shop, as they were before they became a national chain. But worth keeping an eye on their prices.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
The only other thing to get a good deal from Best Buy is when you "move" :) Some people seem to move every 3 months....

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
So, on any given Sunday you pull down the price as follows:

Buy BBY GC via a portal - EG Raise.com, go through a portal to buy the TV, apply 10% movers coupon. Today =

Raise.com 1% Cashback (TCB)
Raise.com discount 5% on GC
BBY 2.25% Cashback(TCB)
10% discount coupon

=
$2999 ( i think the BBY coupon is uncapped?) purchase price - 10% coupon (does it include tax?) $2700
$2700 TCB purchase @ 2.25% = $61 cash
$2700 in GC @ 5% discount = $2565
$2565@ 1% Cash Back= $26
$2565@ 2% Card = $51

Net = $2565-$61-$51-$26
Net = $2427

Not too shabby, but the key will be a sale, and ideally stacking like this combined with a price match.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
The biggest drawback is losing benefits when you purchase electronics with a CC -- especially a high priced item. Going through portal like upromise gives 5% cashback...and then use mover's coupon.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
The biggest drawback is losing benefits when you purchase electronics with a CC -- especially a high priced item. Going through portal like upromise gives 5% cashback...and then use mover's coupon.
BBY was at 2% on Upromise, hence me suggesting TCB.

Regarding the loss of 'benefits' why not look at it the other way around, that you are 'buying benefits' by paying with a CC. In other words, would you pay a 5% surcharge to use a credit card that earned no points?

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the shady way and getting full credit card bennies like warranty. You guys will get a head start of what the post will cover. It was my Drobo purchase, but we'll talk about this specific TV.

With the UN75H6350 it is selling at Best Buy for $2499

UN75H6350_BBY.PNG

On Amazon it is 2364.44

UN75H6350_AMZN.PNG

You charge the full amount from Best Buy of $2499 on your credit card like nothing happened. But you need to be selective with the credit card - must absolutely be one with a price protection like Citi's "price rewind" or Chase Freedom or Discover et al

File claim ASAP with credit card company for the difference, in this case it's only $135.55. Go to Best Buy's customer care center and say you want a price match to get another $135.55 so in total you now just got 2 times the discount with 2 different price matches for a total of $271.10 off the TV for a final price pre tax $2093.34 and you still have the credit card bennies. You want to make sure you get the credit card price match first so they'll never see what you do afterwards with the vendor, in this case BBY.

Keep in mind Best Buy has a "at the time of purchase" price match policy. But they also have this thing that says "When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period" so you could just go to the customer service desk and say "I want to save you some work and not return the tv and just do a price match." because it's during the return and exchange period

What BBY's price match doesn't say on the after purchase if you get in store credit or credit to your credit card.

If you don't care about the credit card bennies like the warranty, from the looks of it, I haven't done the math going to bed.. but if you do a little bit of the price match + discounted gift cards it looks like that is the best deal

Hmm

Level 2 Member
If this was about a year ago and one was very ethically challenged....

It could have been suggested buying discounted BBY GC's through one of the resellers . Then going through the shopdiscover portal for 5% back while consolidating those giftcards into new BBY giftcards. Repeat as many times as your conscience allows.

Last edited:

Hmm

Level 2 Member
As a former employee I've seen BBY employees take the price of the service plan off the tv then ring up the service plan. Got to make those service plan attachment numbers.

Of course customer then returns service plan a few days later.

Vince

Level 2 Member
I just want to say thank you because all of the above just blew my mind. I have been aggressively checking the amazons and etc but I keep forgetting about the fact portals are my friend. This has inspired me. My goal is to get below 2k on price. Hoping Super Bowl week helps with that.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
From what I've read, the current BB "movers coupon" can be used for online purchases. Not sure if different post offices carry different versions of the movers coupon.

The previous one (for last quarter) was for in-store only.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
If you have a Fry's store near you: it's $1,799 *In-Store Pick-Up Only*
Code:
http://www.frys.com/product/8018904

Vince

Level 2 Member
I can't explain how sad I am that there are no frys in New England. I was on their site and that would be incredible if they were remotely around here. Before that post was unaware that frys existed. Next time I'm in Texas im going to try to go to one of those stores. Super jealous of you if you have that store available to you in driving distance.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I can't explain how sad I am that there are no frys in New England. I was on their site and that would be incredible if they were remotely around here. Before that post was unaware that frys existed. Next time I'm in Texas im going to try to go to one of those stores. Super jealous of you if you have that store available to you in driving distance.
Is there a way to get BBY to pricematch Frys here? If your local BBY won't, what about a BBY local to the Fry's, then drop the price down using the other steps here and figure out how to get it to you?

Jawa

Level 2 Member
If your work offers corporate discount with Samsung, the tv is only $2334.99. Looks like amazon's price for a new set has actually gone up to $2,497.99 since the $2364.44 found by chasingthepoints

View media item 229

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
FYI: Samsung is running instant rebates on several of its TVs (though they're for 65" and smaller sizes).

Does anyone have a curved TV?

I have been looking for a new TV as well (for my space, I'm looking at 55" to 60") -- was eyeing ultra 4K, but going to stick with 1080. I currently have a Samsung LED -- so will probably stick with Samsung. However I'm picky about design / aesthetics (particularly the "stand" -- for a while Samsung TV's had "alien looking legs"; don't really dig some of the triangle legs on the Sonys).

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
media console table (20 inches tall). Wall won't work -- too many windows and it would be too high if mounted over fireplace...and won't be able to hide wires (walls are plaster).

Vince

Level 2 Member
Your much further along then me. I ant frying to wait firths 75 inch models to come down in price still. Almost went dorky on eBay but I decidedd against it even though it was advertised as new.

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
My current TV is 46". I don't know how people are able to go into a Costco B&M and take home a 70" or bigger TV!!!

Have you checked out Costco's selection? The only nice thing about Costco is their 90 return period. Also Crutchfield is another reliable merchant with 60 day return period.