UMB Simply Rewards Visa - BEWARE!

projectx

Level 2 Member
After seeing the write up on this card via PFD, I decided to apply. There was one person who commented they were declined as they were outside the geographical area; the midwest. So of course, I checked out the site, read through all the info and the T&C. I didn't see anything about geographic locations. If it is there, it's hidden.

Next, I called the bank to make sure I would be eligible. The CSR informed me that there were no restrictions, anyone in my home state, or any state for that matter could get the card. We even discussed in detail all the benefits and how they had received a lot of calls about it. You already know where this is going.

I called to follow up on my application today, and was told my application was declined because I was outside their geographical area. :mad: My call was escalated and they said they would "look into it." Yeah, whatever. A complete waste of a hard pull. Needless to say I'm pissed.

The CSR said you had to live in an area where they have a bank; Kansas, Oklahoma, and parts of Arizona and Colorado. Whatever that's worth. So if you're eligible... please get the card, hammer it, then come on here and brag about all the CB you earn. I could use a good laugh at their expense. :p