UA partner airline award flight canceled (2nd leg). Now what?

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Looking for some direction here. I am looking forward to visit Angkor wat this December. My connection from PEK to REP award flight is canceled. Now I need to see what works.

Not much flexibility in changing the Dep date. I tried looking at arriving at BKK or KUL. But I can't avoid overnight stays or taking low carrier flights for $200.

- How can I negotiate this with UA agent?
- Where else to look for? e.g. cancel UA and checkout AA award? I did that, but not availability from HKG to REP for the date I am looking for.

TIA

italdesign

Level 2 Member
UA is responsible for delivering you to the destination on the originally booked date, OR if it's going to be a different date, compensate you. They need to rebook you. They can work with the partner who cancelled the flight to open space on another flight, or they can open space on their own planes (not helpful here since they don't fly to REP).

To make it easier for UA, you can do some research and suggest any alternative flight that can get you there around the same time. If none, then you might have to accept a different day and seek compensation, OR cancel UA and look on more other airlines (did you check ex-KUL?)

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
UA is responsible for delivering you to the destination on the originally booked date, OR if it's going to be a different date, compensate you. They need to rebook you. They can work with the partner who cancelled the flight to open space on another flight, or they can open space on their own planes (not helpful here since they don't fly to REP).

To make it easier for UA, you can do some research and suggest any alternative flight that can get you there around the same time. If none, then you might have to accept a different day and seek compensation, OR cancel UA and look on more other airlines (did you check ex-KUL?)
Thanks. Yes, I am looking at KUL and BKK options. But as I said, there could be overnight stay. I am thinking to arrive until KUL and then take Air Asia and pay out of pocket. But it can be ~$200 and an extra flight and few hours lost. UA agents were suggesting to consider PNH airport, which won't work for me.