TSA Precheck without Middle Name?

Jonathan.

Super Platinum Elite Member
I made a reservation with Avios yesterday and did not see a field for middle name or Known Traveler number. I called after I made the booking and they said because its a US Airways flight they can't change the name but they added my known traveler number. The agent said if I wanted my middle name of the reservation I'd have to cancel and put my middle name on the 'first name' field (in addition, of course, to my first name).

My global entry card has my middle name on it. Is it still possible to get tsa precheck even though the ticket is missing the middle name? I know the official guidance is that the name on the ticket should exactly match whats on your global entry card, but I am asking for peoples experience in this (in practice, does it really matter)? The CSR didnt seem to think it would matter. Do the British not use middle names?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure of the impact to your ticket, but I can assure you that the British invented everything, including middle names. I even have one myself.

smittytabb

Staff member
I made a reservation with Avios yesterday and did not see a field for middle name or Known Traveler number. I called after I made the booking and they said because its a US Airways flight they can't change the name but they added my known traveler number. The agent said if I wanted my middle name of the reservation I'd have to cancel and put my middle name on the 'first name' field (in addition, of course, to my first name).

My global entry card has my middle name on it. Is it still possible to get tsa precheck even though the ticket is missing the middle name? I know the official guidance is that the name on the ticket should exactly match whats on your global entry card, but I am asking for peoples experience in this (in practice, does it really matter)? The CSR didnt seem to think it would matter. Do the British not use middle names?
I have never had any problem getting TSA Pre with just my first and last name on the ticket. My global entry card has all three names but it has never been an issue. I do however always put my known traveler number into my profile on any airline I fly and that seems to be important. Check your USAirways profile and make sure it is on there as well.

TheBOSman

Staff member
I have never had any problem getting TSA Pre with just my first and last name on the ticket. My global entry card has all three names but it has never been an issue. I do however always put my known traveler number into my profile on any airline I fly and that seems to be important. Check your USAirways profile and make sure it is on there as well.
Always always always put the known traveler number in. My Global Entry card has my middle name spelled out, but my tickets have always been middle initial (as this matches my driver's license and my passport), never had an issue as long as the KTN was in the booking.

And the Brits definitely use middle names, just ask any mum when their little one has been misbehaving as you'll probably hear it then ;).