Trip ideas for early 2016

addemoh

Level 2 Member
Hi There!

My girlfriend and I are in the initial stages of planning a trip to South America in either January or March of 2016. We are able to set aside up to 16 days for this trip and would love any ideas for places to visit and sites to see. I am leaning towards a Peru/Chile journey while she would prefer to visit Brazil.

We crave finding new adventures and want an immersive experience. We will gladly rough it but wouldn't be opposed to a few nights of luxury (courtesy of signup bonuses ;)).

Given this information, I want to hear about the amazing places you have been to and would recommend to a couple in their early 20's!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
This region is really light for us, but I think there are a lot of people here who have been to these places. We did have a great time in Ecuador, Peru and Galapagos. We actually split this into two trips due to the scope. The Galapagos Islands were a real highlight due to the crazy amount of wildlife - you really need to get in the water, and I'd say as a diver to enjoy it the most though. @smittytabb just came back from South South America, and may have more insights on other areas.

SomeRandomGuy

Nerd, Poet, Warrior
Never been to South America, but would absolutely love to see the Galapagos. If you were okay with hitting Central America on the way down, Costa Rica has some of the most incredible biodiversity on the planet.

addemoh

Level 2 Member
We actually split this into two trips due to the scope. The Galapagos Islands were a real highlight due to the crazy amount of wildlife - you really need to get in the water, and I'd say as a diver to enjoy it the most though.
I am sure we will be making several trips - there is so much we want to see! We have both done a little diving so the Galapagos sounds like a great idea.

Never been to South America, but would absolutely love to see the Galapagos. If you were okay with hitting Central America on the way down, Costa Rica has some of the most incredible biodiversity on the planet.
Love Costa Rica! She spent eight weeks there two summers ago and I made a trip down when I was 18. We will absolutely make our way back there one of these days.

DornierDo28

Hi There!

My girlfriend and I are in the initial stages of planning a trip to South America in either January or March of 2016. We are able to set aside up to 16 days for this trip and would love any ideas for places to visit and sites to see. I am leaning towards a Peru/Chile journey while she would prefer to visit Brazil.

We crave finding new adventures and want an immersive experience. We will gladly rough it but wouldn't be opposed to a few nights of luxury (courtesy of signup bonuses ;)).

Given this information, I want to hear about the amazing places you have been to and would recommend to a couple in their early 20's!
Surely it mainly depends on whether you speak better Portuguese or Spanish?