TravelCon - Feb 28, 2015

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent. I just booked everything and I am confirmed to go! The first manufactured spending DO that I should be going to should be a #SaverocityDO

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent. I just booked everything and I am confirmed to go! The first manufactured spending DO that I should be going to should be a #SaverocityDO
Then why are you going there? :)

TravelCon isn't a SaverocityDO - I'm speaking at it just to help Tahsir kick it off, he's a cool guy, added tons of value to the SaverocityDO's we have held, and I want him to be successful. I also think Omar does a lot of great work online, and while I don't know him as well since we haven't 'worked' together I am glad to be associated him too.

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
Showing my support since it's a weekend I can do!

I met Tahsir and Omar way back at an FTU in DC April 2013 - good peeps.

Edit: Or should I say, in my best British accent, good chaps?

Last edited:

Kim @Savy.Traveler

Level 2 Member
Have tickets and just need to book a hotel. Looking forward to it. Probably wouldn't have noticed it if Matt hadn't posted/blogged about it. I have been spending more time here than Travel Codex.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
I'm going. Any hockey fans here? Interested in seeing the L.A. Kings versus the Anaheim Ducks on Friday, Feb. 27th at 7:00 PM in Anaheim?

Omar is a hockey fan (I met him at #WestCoastDO) and we were thinking about going to the game.

I will be wearing my San Jose Sharks jersey and booing both teams! :D

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going. Any hockey fans here? Interested in seeing the L.A. Kings versus the Anaheim Ducks on Friday, Feb. 27th at 7:00 PM in Anaheim?

Omar is a hockey fan (I met him at #WestCoastDO) and we were thinking about going to the game.

I will be wearing my San Jose Sharks jersey and booing both teams! :D
I won't land into LAX until 8:25 and won't be able to join you guys

I will be there too.

Is there a SaverocityDo 3 in the works?
I hope so!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I will be there too.

Is there a SaverocityDo 3 in the works?
It's in a nebulous form at the moment. My plan is to sit for the CFP in March, and I am trying to focus on that first. It is supposed to take 200-300hrs of study and study isn't a strong point of mine.

TheBOSman

Staff member
I won't be there, will be in South Korea. Matt, I am basically wide open after mid-March so if you want to do Saverocity DO 3 anytime after that I'm available.

Jason

Level 2 Member
I'm looking forward to going, this will be my very first meetup. I'm very eager to hear the details of Saverocity DO3. I missed DO2 due to tickets being sold out. As a very shy person, I'm hoping to make some connections online before the event. Does anyone want to swap mile and MS stories before, during or after the event? Share strategies?

If anyone else is in central California and wants a ride down PM me.

MK17

Love to Travel
I will be there. Just bought my ticket. I will be the one wearing the "Redcard" around my neck. Hope now one accosts me for it :)

Haley

I am not a robot
Redbirds have landed in Orange County, at least according to my sources (reddit), so they might not be in high demand.

I'm going to Disneyland Friday and maybe Sunday too. I'm a great tour guide if anyone wants to play. Might be going to hockey game with my brother Friday night, he has sweet season seats, but need to check if he has a client going with him already or not. or I might decide to make this trip top secret, since I have so much family there and will get hen pecked to death....

damanjeff6

Level 2 Member
Redbirds have landed in Orange County, at least according to my sources (reddit), so they might not be in high demand.

I'm going to Disneyland Friday and maybe Sunday too. I'm a great tour guide if anyone wants to play. Might be going to hockey game with my brother Friday night, he has sweet season seats, but need to check if he has a client going with him already or not. or I might decide to make this trip top secret, since I have so much family there and will get hen pecked to death....
Garden grove location is oos, said they haven't gotten another redbird shipment after the initial one. Do you know if there are any other locations around there?

Haley

I am not a robot
The Harbor location had them behind the counter, you had to ask CSR for one. Not sure if those are gone yet.

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Might be going to hockey game with my brother Friday night, he has sweet season seats, but need to check if he has a client going with him already or not. or I might decide to make this trip top secret, since I have so much family there and will get hen pecked to death....
I am trying to talk Travel Summary into organizing a trip to the hockey game on Friday - he's a big Ducks fan. I can relate to the 'top secret' stealth mode trip as well. Every time I go to SoCal and relatives find out I get some major grief for not giving them a call...

Haley

I am not a robot
I am a huge hockey fan. This is often the thing about me that most surprises people. It is easily explained: I grew up in Western NY. I'd love to go if a group is organized.

Jason

Level 2 Member
Wish I could stay the night and visit with you all, but no hotel points at this time. But hopefully that will change soon. Going to leave at 3am to drive down and then head home after the conference.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
....... Every time I go to SoCal and relatives find out I get some major grief for not giving them a call...
Having dinner with family on Friday night sealed the spouse approval factor for me.

Btw, I am hopping from Hyatt place to hyatt regency for the stay credits. Any other Hyatt folks?