Travel Traditions

MarkD

Level 2 Member
When we travel to a new place, we always try to buy a refrigerator magnet to bring home to remind us of our trip.

Do any of you have similar traditions?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
When we travel to a new place, we always try to buy a refrigerator magnet to bring home to remind us of our trip.

Do any of you have similar traditions?
Beer labels. I make a rule that we can only bring back local ones, so if we drink a good German beer while in France that doesn't count (means we have to go to Germany to get it..) supposed to built some sort of collage of them at some point.

grebel

Level 2 Member
Beer labels. I make a rule that we can only bring back local ones, so if we drink a good German beer while in France that doesn't count (means we have to go to Germany to get it..) supposed to built some sort of collage of them at some point.
When you say labels, do you mean like coasters or stickers?

ed1chandler

Level 2 Member
Scoff if you like, but we always try to eat at a McDonald's.
It's interesting to see what kind of local variants they have (like the "McTurko" in Istanbul) and free WiFi ain't bad.

Confectioneer

San Francisco Bay Area
I always try to stop in a local market and stock up on snack foods.

Chicken Tikka Masala potato chips from London, and Red Bean Kit Kats from Tokyo were especially memorable. :)

ddavidch

Level 42 Member
We do the fridge magnets as well, and I try to find thimbles as my mother collects them...
Another tradition is that my daughter always carries her toy airplane with her, she's 10 now and has been doing this since she was a toddler.
We've had some great experiences with pilot and FAs letting her look around and even sit in the cockpit, etc. She's grown out of that curiousity and is now ready to just get seated, but I was amazed at how cool people would be with her questions, etc.