Travel Delay

NotYouTu

Level 2 Member
Might no be the right place to ask, since it's not UR related but I didn't see a better location.

With the CSP travel delay protection, I understand that some of the ticket has to be billed to CSP and tickets must be for immediate family members. Reimbursable expenses do not have to be on CSP, only the ticket. Does this include if the primary cardholder is NOT on the trip?

For example

1. My wife (AU) takes a 3 day trip for her job, I stay home. Her flight is delayed, can we utilize the benefit?

2. My wife's sister (NOT AU, but sibling-in-law is mentioned as covered) takes a 3 day trip for her job, my wife and myself do NOT go on this trip. Her flight is delayed, can we utilize the benefit?

I am assuming 1 would be covered, but not sure on 2. If 2 is covered that would be great for me, my sister-in-law travels to Germany a few times a year for work, I could get points and she gets extra piece of mind.

----------------

Separate, related, question.

I am currently on a business trip, but we are forced to use the company card for tickets and hotel. Are there any charges I could use to add the benefit to this trip? Seat upgrades, extra baggage, etc?