TransUnion timeline for updates after statement close?

JB5150

Level 2 Member
Hi,

Just curious if anyone knows how long it takes TransUnion to update your balances after your cc issuer closes your statement and reports to the bureaus. They seem a little slower than Ex/Eq.... Applying for a mortgage soon and want to make sure my ratios look good....

gomike

Level 2 Member
TU will update once your bank sends them the new info. Some banks take several weeks. If you call your bank you can request they send an update.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Like @gomike said. It all depends on when the issuer sends the information to TU.
Every issuer is different. Some update mid-cycle and some update at the end of the cycle (statement close)

gomike

Level 2 Member
Like @gomike said. It all depends on when the issuer sends the information to TU.
Every issuer is different. Some update mid-cycle and some update at the end of the cycle (statement close)
And some wait 2-6 weeks after statement close if they are lazy. US Bank and Barclay are notorious for waiting a very long time to update.

satz

Level 2 Member
From my experience, with Citi, Amex, and Chase, its a few days after the statement closes. With US Bank, it seems that it is the 1st of the month with EX and EQ, with TU it is a bit screwy. For Barclays, I don't remember at all.