Transportation Options from HND

cavil

Level 2 Member
In a few weeks I'll be visiting Tokyo for the first time. I'll arrive HND at 7:15 pm on a Thursday evening. What are my ground transportation options for getting to the Park Hyatt Tokyo? Cheapest, fastest, easiest?

A week later I'll face a similar situation-- arriving ICN 11:50AM on a Monday and needing trasportation to the Intercontinental Grand Seoul Parnas.

Any Seoul/Tokyo experts out there who can share some wisdom?

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
I felt Tokyo to be amazingly easy to get around. You can take trains to Shinjuku and then either taxi or find the Park Hyatt shuttle to get to the Hotel. My wife and I walked with luggage and wish we hadn't.
Best but costlier option is to taxi or Uber(black) from HND right to the hotel.

For your first day in Tokyo that is probably what I would do. At least HND is way closer than NRT. The hour and a half on the limousine bus seemed like an eternity.

We took Uber from the Park Hyatt to the Conrad and it was around $45 I think. HND would be a bit more.
Loved Japan and hope to go back again.

cavil

Level 2 Member
I felt Tokyo to be amazingly easy to get around. You can take trains to Shinjuku and then either taxi or find the Park Hyatt shuttle to get to the Hotel. My wife and I walked with luggage and wish we hadn't.
Best but costlier option is to taxi or Uber(black) from HND right to the hotel.

For your first day in Tokyo that is probably what I would do. At least HND is way closer than NRT. The hour and a half on the limousine bus seemed like an eternity.

We took Uber from the Park Hyatt to the Conrad and it was around $45 I think. HND would be a bit more.
Loved Japan and hope to go back again.
Thanks Cmonman76, that is valuable advice. We'll cab/uber directly from HND. Looks like it'll be about $70-80, which is less than a third of the coin I just dropped on two tickets for the Tokyo Ballet's production of Giselle. Should be interesting picking those up at will call---thank goodness the numbers are the same.

kurt9769

awardflights.co
I stayed at the Park Hyatt Tokyo a few years ago, and getting it from NRT was a bit of a challenge. Finding the Narita express train was easy, but getting around Shinjuku and finding the Park Hyatt shuttle was almost impossible. I find that the best strategy for public transit in Tokyo is to always have directions loaded on your phone since Google and Apple now provide in-station walking instructions, and Shinjuku is really just a massive maze. And, I would definitely take a cab to the Park Hyatt from Shinjuku the first time until you can scout out where the stop is.

jleey98

Level 2 Member
I stayed at the Park Hyatt Tokyo a few years ago, and getting it from NRT was a bit of a challenge. Finding the Narita express train was easy, but getting around Shinjuku and finding the Park Hyatt shuttle was almost impossible. I find that the best strategy for public transit in Tokyo is to always have directions loaded on your phone since Google and Apple now provide in-station walking instructions, and Shinjuku is really just a massive maze. And, I would definitely take a cab to the Park Hyatt from Shinjuku the first time until you can scout out where the stop is.
Limousine Bus. Will take you straight to the hotel from the airport (typically stops at 3 different hotels). Costs about $12 per person one way.

ChrisM

Absolutely agree with the limo bus. My wife and I were just there and even with the guidance of a friend who lives in Tokyo we were a little intimidated. After a few days we found the rail system to be amazing, but after a long flight it's much easier if you don't have to worry about transferring lines.

cavil

Level 2 Member
Lots of good advice here. Thanks to everyone. We ended up taking a cab from HND to PH when we first arrived. Cost about $90. Well worth it---he was the Ayrton Senna of cab drivers---and had us to the hotel well under 30 minutes, even with some traffic. We flew out from NRT and used the Narita Express from Shinjuku. Knowing the area now, particularly the maze that is Shinjuku station, I'd have no qualms about taking the Narita Express to Shinjuku and taking the easy walk to the PH. Using the South Entrance (exit) onto Koshu-Kaido Ave, turn right and look up, you'll see the PH towering ahead. It is a very easy walk. Or use the new Koshu-Kaido Gate exit, it'll put you on the other side of Koshu-Kaido Ave, so turn left and you'll see the PH. But with bags, when first arriving, it's a cheap cab ride from the Shinjuku.