TPE to Hawaii

PorkIsKing

I have Chase UR, Amex MR, AA and Alaska. However, I'm also ok with accumulating points of a different currency if it means it'll be a better redemption.

Chasing The Points

Administrator
Staff member
Do you want to put her on a direct flight? Connections?

For direct, you could try Chase UR to Korean and redeem for China Airlines and likewise for AMEX MR to Delta to redeem on China Airlines, not sure on availability. In terms of seat quality, I'm not sure what it's like.

I think for best service overall you could do AA and redeem for a Cathay flight TPE-NRT then JAL for NRT-HNL, but this is very similar if you did Chase UR to United and redeem on ANA and connect through NRT

PorkIsKing

These are awesome options, thanks! Round trip costs look like:

155k UR points to Korean. Ouch. Korean looks to treat Hawaii the same as North America. So for those same miles I could go all the way to NY.
I've no idea how many Delta miles are needed.
110K AA miles seems reasonable. But again, that can also get you all the way to NY.
105K UR points to United for ANA (award chart says 85K, but the website gave me 105k).

Looks like 85K UR points to United on ANA looks to be the winner?

El Ingeniero

Level 2 Member
Code:
http://travelisfree.com/2014/08/12/cheapest-ways-to-get-to-hawaii-using-miles/
EDIT: Oh nevermind, I didn't see the TPE starting point.

Last edited:

Maverick17

Level 2 Member
When I was looking last year, if I recall, options on JL/KE/OZ/NH seemed to be recliner seats in biz. So just be aware of that and see if any of them have improved their hard product, or if I'm mistaken. But the UA 747 should have lie-flat seats. DL too maybe?

If you get to Japan and Korea, there is also the Hawaiian Airlines option. But also recliner I think.

And FWIW, the UA 85k option is on UA metal for the TPAC from NRT, versus 110 if you go on NH/OZ for the TPAC. (Interesting that if you go via GUM and on the UA 777 ((recliner)), it is still 110.)