Thread for the WestCoastDO Women's Meetup - Sunday AM

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
A few weeks (months?) ago, I suggested that it might be fun and useful to arrange a casual, informal get together specifically for Forum women who will be attending the DO. The reaction was positive, so I'd like to followup on that idea.

We all will be arriving at various times on Friday or early on Saturday, and the Saturday schedule already offers quite a lot. Since it sounds like most of us will still be around on Sunday, I'd like to suggest getting together for morning coffee someplace at the Firesky on Sunday morning.

Given that some people will have flights to catch on Sunday, and others may want to do some MSing, go off in search of RedBird, or spend time with SOs who will be joining them that weekend, I suggest we aim to get together at 9:00 or 9:30, for an hour or so.

I haven't checked with the hotel as yet, and I hope it can be as casual as a bunch of us gathering in the lobby, or, weather permitting, someplace on the grounds. There is also a restaurant and a bar on the premises. Once I have a sense of the number of women who would like to come, I will check with @Matt for some guidance, so I don't step on any toes when I contact the resort to consider the options. Ideally we can gather someplace where we will not have to pay to rent the space.

Please leave a comment here if you are interested, so I can get a sense of how many people will come. Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you all - male and female! - @WestCoastDO.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I'm coming in early on Friday, 12:21 in the afternoon and not leaving until later on Monday, 2:55 PM so I'm pretty open to time and Sunday would work well for me. I think we should leave this thread so other women attendees can see it but once women indicate their interest it would be nice to have a "conversation" we could join where we can privately exchange real names, phone numbers, etc. I'll be glad to set it up if you don't have time, Elaine.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I'm coming in early on Friday, 12:21 in the afternoon and not leaving until later on Monday, 2:55 PM so I'm pretty open to time and Sunday would work well for me. I think we should leave this thread so other women attendees can see it but once women indicate their interest it would be nice to have a "conversation" we could join where we can privately exchange real names, phone numbers, etc. I'll be glad to set it up if you don't have time, Elaine.
@Annie H., Great idea. Yes, please set up a conversation. You can include @ElainePDX, @skuldyie and @pstlb for starters. Thanks much!

Annie H.

Egalatarian
"Conversation" now set up. Please let Elaine know if you are interested in attending so she can keep a count and let me know --PM is easiest. Of course, you can also let Elaine know you'd like to be added to the conversation and she will notify me.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
"Conversation" now set up. Please let Elaine know if you are interested in attending so she can keep a count and let me know --PM is easiest. Of course, you can also let Elaine know you'd like to be added to the conversation and she will notify me.
Thanks @Annie H. I checked the convo and it doesn't include:
@pstlb
@skuldyie
@bluebug
who I did mention above. Can you please add them?
Edit - never mind, I figured out what Annie is doing!

As for the other instruction, it doesn't work for me. It is getting too confusing because the thread and the conversation now have the same name. I much prefer that women RSVP here only; then Elaine can keep a count and Annie can add them to the conversation. And people reading the thread trying to decide if they want to participate will have an idea how it is shaping up.

So, I will reiterate my request that people RSVP on this thread only to be included in the count. I have also edited the name of the thread to help me keep it straight when I get alerts.

My goal: Women will RSVP here only, Annie and I will see and track it, and we will use the conversation to share more personal details like real name, phone number or twitter handle to facilitate contact at the DO.

Thanks, everyone.

Last edited:

Maria Sangria

Level 51
Thanks @Annie H. I checked the convo and it doesn't include:
@pstlb
@skuldyie
@bluebug
who I did mention above. Can you please add them?
Edit - never mind, I figured out what Annie is doing!

As for the other instruction, it doesn't work for me. It is getting too confusing because the thread and the conversation now have the same name. I much prefer that women RSVP here only; then Elaine can keep a count and Annie can add them to the conversation. And people reading the thread trying to decide if they want to participate will have an idea how it is shaping up.

So, I will reiterate my request that people RSVP on this thread only to be included in the count. I have also edited the name of the thread to help me keep it straight when I get alerts.

My goal: Women will RSVP here only, Annie and I will see and track it, and we will use the conversation to share more personal details like real name, phone number or twitter handle to facilitate contact at the DO.

Thanks, everyone.
I'll be at the DO in PHX. Sunday am works for me. Please add me to the convo.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I've added the last three women to the conversation. Please check in with your contact information, hotel, etc. and I will then add it to the Master List which is the second post in the thread. I'm keeping it updated and that way we'll all have contact information.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
I've added the last three women to the conversation. Please check in the Conversation thread with your contact information, hotel, etc. and I will then add it to the Master List which is the second post in the thread. I'm keeping it updated and that way we'll all have contact information. Thanks.

cheryld

Level 2 Member
Please add me too! I am not sure if I am leaving Sunday morning yet, but if not I would love to attend :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Just bumping this up. We currently have about a dozen women who plan to attend an informal meetup on Sunday morning, probably around 9 or 9:30AM, for perhaps an hour or so.

Please RSVP here if you want to be included and you'll be added to the private conversation where we are making plans and sharing contact info.

I plan to contact the hotel - starting with a contact person @Matt gave @Annie H., who is helping to organize - on Oct. 28 0r 29. I would have to have a tentative head count by then.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing all the attendees at the DO Firesky.

Katstarr

Level 2 Member
Please add me to the list, but I cannot guarantee my attendance - it depends on whether I want to work out in the morning or not.

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
I may be able to attend. Won't know until last minute, depending on what SO wants to do, but if I'm free, would love to meet and chat with everyone. Thanks for setting this up!