Thoughts on Ink 60K "invitation when already have 2 Ink cards

SherryFD

Level 2 Member
I received an "invitation" to apply for the Ink Plus - 60K bonus + 1st year fee waived. I currently have an Ink Bold and an Ink Plus and am skeptical that Chase would approve a third card, but ...

I wouldn't have initiated an application for the card, but since I have targeted offer, thought it was at least worth a phone call to the "sales side." I called the ph# on the invitation to inquire if it was worth applying since I already have 2 Inks. I let the rep now that I'd love to have another Ink as having multiple cards is a useful way for me to track expenses for different projects. (That's not really how I track my business expenses, but didn't need to share that ;).)

The rep recommended that I call the main customer service number as she couldn't guarantee that I'd get the bonus since I already have two other Ink cards.

Even though I only do light MS on my Ink Cards and the majority of usage is for real business spend, I'm not sure I want to have anyone look at my cards that closely. nor do I want risk a decline if the odds are low that Chase would issue a 2nd Ink Plus / 3rd Ink card.

Does anyone have three Ink cards (these would all be for the same business) and / or experience with replying to a solicited offer when you already have multiple cards?

Thanks!!

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
I'm not sure the fact that you have a "solicited offer" makes much of a difference. Maybe if you had to recon you could say something about that, but my most recent experience with Chase is it is best not to call recon because they really grill you. I've had better luck just letting the app works its way through.

Some people do have multiple businesses and as such need multiple cards. See this:
https://saverocity.com/forum/threads/amex-business-platinum-100k-and-150k-offers.937/page-2#post-236091

Marshallonmoney

Level 2 Member
I have three inks, but not the plus. You do get extensive grilling when you apply for the card, but if your spend patterns are not obvious MS on the other Ink cards, you shouldn't have an issue. I got my third card 5/14. My explanation for the third card was I wanted a Visa since there are benefits from a Visa signature card that you don't get with a MC. Had to move around some credit and give up my United card.

FindAWay

Level 2 Member
I have 2 Ink Pluses.

The first was per an invitation and was a MC. The second was the recent in-branch Visa. I received the bonus on both.

Is your existing Ink Plus a MC or Visa?

Ethan

Level 2 Member
Does this change at all with the more recent 5/24 rule? I have an Ink Plus, but just received an invitation to apply for one offering 60k.

JivyIvy

Level 2 Member
Just FYI, I was targeted with the same 60K offer in the past month and I applied and was approved. I sent a secure message to Chase shortly afterward to let them know that I was informed of a preferable offer for 70K w/ no annual fee for in-person applications through a local branch. I said that I was disappointed I hadn't learned of this prior to the targeted 60K offer and asked whether they would extend a courtesy and match the 70K offer. I received a message the next day saying they would be more than glad to do so for a valued customer, and asked me to send a follow-up message requesting it once I hit the min. spend. If you already have multiple accounts with Chase, chances are they'd be willing to extend the same offer. If you do chose to apply and you get an approval, I suggest sending a sm through your account. You'll more than likely be approved for an extra 10K. Good luck!