The New Hilton Website SUCKS

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Websites across the board have been getting worse. Chase, Amex, BA – you name it. Specifically, they’re being dumbed down for mobile, which is great for that environment but at the expense of desktop usability. This sucks, given a lot of advanced functionality still require desktop.

In Hilton’s case, there are more issues – some functionalities just don’t work. When it first rolled out, it was hilarious – there was no way to login, you had to manually go to something like hiltonhonors.hilton.com to find the login link.

Now when I click on “All Points Activity”, you’d think I’d get details on… all my points activities, such as recent earnings and deductions. How dare you imagine such advanced feature! We should only get what we loyal members deserve, which is no more than a list of stays, with no points activity related to them. No other points activity is listed.

Luckily in this case, the mobile app does show my points activities, but with no dates except for stays.

A less annoying feature is when I search “LAX” on the main page (to find hotels closest to the airport), I get nothing. If I search for something else and go to the results page, I can now search for LAX and pull up “LAX – Los Angeles International Airport, CA”.

Showing member activity is one of the most basic features every loyalty program should provide. In Hilton’s case, it doesn’t, at least not for me.

The post The New Hilton Website SUCKS appeared first on Points Adventure.

Continue reading...