The big three pull from the same credit bureau

Morris

Level 2 Member
This has plagued me for far too many years. Does anyone know of a jedi mind trick to have them pull from a different credit bureau?

Eagle101

Level 3 Member
Not jedi, but...I'd freeze the specific bureau and hope they pull an alternate. If not, call recon and ask them if they will. If they still won't, you can either move to a different region or take your business elsewhere.

AndyL

Level 2 Member
I put a freeze on Experian. Chase and Amex will always pull Experian for me so I have to give them the temp pin to access my report. Citi would actually pull both Experian AND Equifax for me but with the freeze they didn't seem to care/notice thhat Experian was frozen. So just Equifax for Citi post freeze.

I'm based in NYC btw.

Morris

Level 2 Member
Thanks for the input on freezing the credit bureau. I had contemplated this, and was really digging to find someone who had experience doing just that. It was my hope that they'd automatically pull from another bureau if I froze the bureau they ordinarily pull from. I'm assuming that this will not happen. Has anyone tried freezing a credit bureau and successfully had them pull another? Any data points would be useful. Thanks!

Eagle101

Level 3 Member
Amex WILL NOT pull another bureau. Every other FI is YMMV. I've had success with Chase in the past.

ushdadude

Level 2 Member
I put a freeze on Experian. Chase and Amex will always pull Experian for me so I have to give them the temp pin to access my report. Citi would actually pull both Experian AND Equifax for me but with the freeze they didn't seem to care/notice thhat Experian was frozen. So just Equifax for Citi post freeze.

I'm based in NYC btw.
I tried doing that with Citi and it was no go