The best First Class Award from LAX to SGN (Vietnam)

goals^n^dreams

Level 2 Member
Hi,

I am planning to travel by myself from Los Angeles to VietNam next year or next 2 years. I will flight from LAX to SGN. I would like to enjoy the best First Class award option for the trip. What airline will you suggest for the best First Class award please? I can MS or apply more credit cards to get more points.

Right now, I have:
1 milion United
300k AA
100k MR
60 SPG
30k UR

Thank you very much for your help!

italdesign

Level 2 Member
First, congrats on all the miles. They will serve you will. Because of what you have, you have several options. Here are a few that come to mind. I'm giving you the one way price.

The very best product out there right now is Etihad Apt. NYC-AUH starts in December and 90K AA awards should appear at some point. So you can book someothing like LAX-NYC-AUH, then AUH-HKG (not sure the best product there, maybe someone can advise). This will be two awards (but one ticket) since AA doesn't let you route through AUH to SE Asia on a single award. Maybe about 150K total.

If you want something more direct, it's hard to beat 67.5k AA miles for CX F. This would be my pick. One of the very best F experiences at extremely generous price. CX F is available from LAX and SFO to HKG, with excellent last minute availability as well as >6 months in advance, so long as travel isn't in peak season. I'm 99% sure they continue on to SGN from there in J.

~130k UA miles for Asiana, ANA, or TG F (if route thru EU). Not sure if they'll let you route through EU from the West Coast or you would want to. Personally I would pick CX F over these.

Transfer MR and/or SPG to SQ for SQ F Suites. This is legendary, though I wouldn't go out of my way to try it if I can get CX F. Also availability is reportedly down.

Also, take a look at the list of the 24 best international F cabins. The first tab is ranked by that site. The second tab shows rankings by two bloggers.