Test drive a Cadillac and get 7,500 AA miles

Alpen_Geoff

Level 2 Member
It's live! http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/aad-cadillac-offer.jsp

Call "Cadillac Concierge" 1-844-469-2234 and book ~10 min. test drive...pretty long hold time for me due to high volume - nice elevator music for the hold though :D

Edit: After 25 minutes on hold I hung up...will try again later

Edit 2: Called on speaker phone and let it sit, finally connected after 55 minutes and am booked in for tomorrow - apparently need to bring AAdvantage card with me

Last edited:

Unifer

Level 2 Member
I waited 48 minutes and then gave up.. I'm sure they are being slammed today! I'll give it a day or two.

b_c

Just wanted to add another data point. I just got off the phone. I was on hold for about 45 min. I was able to also schedule a test drive for my fiance as well. Luckily I had her AA# with me. Not that it matters but they were super friendly, at least on the phone. Not sure what the dealer experience is going to be like.

bayguy

Level 2 Member
Used Chat feature(on Cadillac.com) and was able to setup my appointment in 10 minutes for this weekend. Also, did the same for my spouse in the same session.

Alpen_Geoff

Level 2 Member
Took my test drive today, was relatively painless - salesman was clueless on promotion, his own products and the competition. Hope everything posts fine, wasn't impressed by the car

overclocked92

Level 2 Member
In and out in about 10 minutes. Sales person offered to take me out for drive if I wanted but said she also could just mark it complete.

SC Trojan

Level 2 Member
Did anyone else not get a confirmation from the dealer? I booked a test drive for today but they said it had to be confirmed by the dealer. The dealer never contacted me though.

overclocked92

Level 2 Member
I didn't get a confirmation from the dealership but as messed up as the system is I'm not surprised. The person on the phone sent my info to the dealership branch on the south side of town even though I told her the name and location on the north side.

Not a good first impression.

SC Trojan

Level 2 Member
Were you able to goto the dealer and do the test drive? I'm thinking I'll have to call them again to sign up for the second time.

b_c

I just got back from my test drive. I was told I was already the 5th one today who had come in for the same promo. The salesman actually went through the entire pitch and yes I did do the test drive. All in all it took about 25 min. No hard sell at all. I think they know at this point. Afterwards, he went to look for his supervisor I guess in order to validate the test drive (?) but with no sup around he just took my number just in case there were any issues. I'm hoping since there were a few people who had already done this before me at this dealership they know what they are doing. I think this whole process will probably take some leap of faith on our end for the proper paperwork to be filed from the dealers.

cubsfan23

Level 2 Member
Took 45 minutes to get through on the phone, but was able to register both me and my wife at the same time at the same dealership. Hoping the dealer will let me walk in, mark me complete, then walk out without the need to waste their time....

b_c

FYI - After your test drive you can use Cadillac.com's chat feature to confirm with a rep that you're test drive has been completed. I would do this the a day or 2 after to make sure dealer has followed through.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Did mine this afternoon. Took advice from a blog, and, instead of calling, I went to cadillac.com and used the live chat to make my appointment. That took about 10 minutes total.

Went to the dealer, talked to a young guy who entered my info to get me the credit, and then, very frankly, said that if I'd like to see/drive one of the cars, no problem, but if all I wanted was the miles, no problem, either.

I looked at a couple of their cars, and talked about what I'm looking for (really, I want a Prius V, not a hybrid Cadillac coupe for $70K). Thanked him, went on my way. Was in and out in 8 minutes. Faster than a flight to Italy!

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Good experience, was at the dealer for maybe 15 minutes. He printed out a page for me at the end confirming I did the test drive... Worth it!

overclocked92

Level 2 Member
Did my "Test Drive" (sales person said they would just fill out the form, no need to go out and drive) on Monday (10/20/14) and my miles have posted already as of today (10/25/14). Interesting thing is the post date is 10/15/14 which is the day that I signed up.

SC Trojan

Level 2 Member
I went in and tried to do the test drive. They took all my information and assured me I would get the points. Funny thing is they pretty much discouraged me from actually doing the drive. I said "let's just take the car out for a quick spin" and they said "no need, we'll just give you the points". I'm fine as long as they actually do it, we'll see.