Sweet gift: using free night certificates more than once

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
We have just about every hotel CC that offers an annual free night so we have many free nights to use every year. Every once in a while, I find that a free night certificate is not marked as redeemed after a stay and it still remains usable in my account. My luck hits about every other year.

Two years ago, I was able to use my annual Hyatt certificate twice. This gave us a spontanous overnight in historic Savannah, a short drive from our hometown.

Last month we had a fabulous 2-night stay in a suite at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier in Ottawa ($900/nt value) and upon returning home, discovered that our two certificates are still showing as unredeemed. We have booked another Fairmont suite weekend in Washington DC later this year to use those certificates again ($800/nt value). Sweet!

We look upon these extra nights as a true gift from the gods, but it takes a sharp eye to notice that the certs are marked as unredeemed.

Last edited:

HUCAwin

Level 2 Member
Well, that is sure good to know. I have my first free certs hitting a couple of my hotel cards here in the next 30 days or so. After they are used I will have to double check them and see if I manage to get as lucky as you have!

Thanks for the heads up on this.