Swagbucks – review and $200 giveaway!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member

I’d heard of Swagbucks as a shopping portal, and was recently approached by them regarding their product. Upon further exploration I learned that they a lot more going on than just that, so I decided to dive and review what they have going on. For full disclosure, I was offered the chance to earn a commission for this, but thought it would be better to opt out of that, and have them sweeten the pot a bit more with a prize for one lucky reader – so now there’s a chance to win $200!

What’s it all about?

You earn ‘Swagbucks’ which you can then later redeem in your account at a 1:1 value towards giftcards. They have a solid amount of these, notable ones being Paypal Cash, Amazon, Target and Walmart. OK so you probably don’t want to shop in that last place, but I included because you likely spend enough time there anyway…Also, it is worth noting that they offer a 450 Swagbucks award for a $5 Amazon giftcard. There are many other options available for those of you who might be persona non grata from the four horsemen of MS.

Gift card options at Swagbucks

How do you earn Swagbucks?

This is the cool part – not only do they have an online shopping portal, they have many other ways to earn:

Ways to earn at Swagbucks

As you can see, they have a ton of options here, so it really has something for everyone. You can do as much, or as little as you like to earn. A couple that stand out as being pretty easy would be to install the search bar and get paid to search – from what I can gather you won’t earn on every search, but over a couple of hours you could gain up to around 50 Swagbucks here. Also, they give away ‘swag codes’ via social media channels, if you are keen to earn more, make sure you follow them on Twitter and Facebook.

Your chance to win $200!

If you haven’t joined Swagbucks already, and would like the chance to win $200 you have to do the following:

1. Sign up using this link
  2. Earn at least 100 Swagbucks from Shop, Search, Play (games), Answer (surveys, etc.), Discover (Special Offers, Encrave, etc.), Watch (videos), & the Daily To Do List on the homepage (Daily Poll, NOSO, the Daily Crave and the SwagButton extension).
  3. One lucky winner will be selected by Swagbucks on January 2nd and receive a $200 giftcard. 20,000 Swagbucks will be deposited into your account, and you can select which cards you would like.

Note: Swagbucks earned from Swag Codes or any sign up codes, while helpful in getting you to your next gift card, will not count towards the 100 Swagbucks to enter the giveaway. The prize is for new members only.

The post Swagbucks – review and $200 giveaway! appeared first on Travel.

Continue reading...

Stuck in KC

Level 2 Member
I have been doing this for about a year and have earned about $500. I was leary at first and eased in pretty gradually, first the daily poll and NOSO( or whatever it is called). Eventually went to using for searches. There are little videos to watch, mostly ads lasting 15-20 seconds, then whatever the topic advertised is (some sports guy with silly socks). I run two iPads and my lap top. Can't get the videos to run on the iPads so use for searches. Run the videos on my laptop. Basically it is just background stuff for me. When the green bar pops up I go to the next one. There are bonus points for certain things. My friend who got me started does surveys all the time. I am not really into that but could probably set upa different email and do it that way, they say surveys pay the best. I have two teen aged boys and they love to get the cards. Can only get five of the 500 for 450s (amazon) in a month but then can get ten dollar ones in an unlimited supply. Have never had one that didn't work. Occasionally Internet loses connection in the middle, doesn't give the points then. I look at it as mindless background stuff that pays just a bit. There are also bonuses for hitting the daily quota. It is a time waster, but I run it as background while I check emails and stuff. Not gonna get rich on it but I bet of extra fun money for the college crowd.

Skywardbd

Level 2 Member
Sort of like Perk TV. Running that on 3 cheap "throw-away" Android phones. Wonder if the Swagbuck videos would also run on these and which would be more profitable. (We cash in the Perk points for Amazon GCs.)

PatPat

Level 2 Member
I've wanted to set up the aforementioned methods for passively earning Swagbucks, but I've just been lazy.

I do use Bing Rewards and use an app to get the points automatically. You can typically get 500 points in 2.5 weeks or so. For me, I usually just redeem Amazon credit. It's 475 points to get the $5 Amazon gift card (if you're gold status). However, you will notice that for 475 points, you can also get 500 Swagbucks, which can then be used to get Amazon gift cards for 450 instead.

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
There are 6 android apps that waste bandwidth and give, in total, 126 SB per day. It is usually enough to hit Daily goal #1, so 10% bonus and a monthly 300 SB bonus. Surveys are not worth my time.
Use the Beermoney Assist app (root needed) to get the shortest videos.

If you know you'll collect at least 1,500 SB per month, sign up for the accelerator. You pay $10 a month to get 1:1 matching upto 1,500 SB, so basically free $5.

Redeem for 5x $5 Amazon GC per month, paypal/virtual visa, or the giftcard on sale.

Dedicated subreddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/swagbucks

loves2fly

Gold Member
Sort of like Perk TV. Running that on 3 cheap "throw-away" Android phones. Wonder if the Swagbuck videos would also run on these and which would be more profitable. (We cash in the Perk points for Amazon GCs.)
Great idea!

For those who bought the Virgin Kyocera phones from Target months ago (on sale $19.99 plus FREE $15 GC: Starbucks, Taco Bell and others I can't remember), you can test to see if they'll work on SB videos.

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
Great idea!

For those who bought the Virgin Kyocera phones from Target months ago (on sale $19.99 plus FREE $15 GC: Starbucks, Taco Bell and others I can't remember), you can test to see if they'll work on SB videos.
I'm running SBTV on an LG P500, so nothing is too old for SB. PerkTV is a different story.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Been a user for over a year now and it's an easy way to score free gift cards. One swagbuck is equal to one cent. So a $5 Amazon card at 4500 swagbucks (SB) is a built in 10 percent discount. Most other $5 GCs are 5000 SB.

I too run the automated programs at night or while I'm away from home so I don't eat up bandwidth. One of the best ways to earn SB is buying Groupons, which returns 8 SB per dollar (equal to 8 percent for most GC or 8.8 percent for Amaon $5 GC). It's better than most other portals right now.

I usually take a look at all portals to decide which one to use for any online purchases, and it surprised me how often SB was the best.

raenye

Lever 2 Membel
$5 GC is 500 SB, not 5,000. Amazon costs 450 SB, which is indeed 10% off.

P.S.
I appreciate the softened tone of your message. It's great that here we are more civilized than on FT :)

cocobird

Level 2 Member
My thanks for the correction. I've been working with some other gift card purchases and clearly got my numbers confused. Hopefully I did not confuse others with my incorrect numbers. :confused:

My head is swimming with too much. Should take a break.