SPG Points-Sit in a Suite at Wrigley or Let your Kid take the field with the Cubs

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
Every year Starwood lets members redeem points for Suite tickets and VIP experiences. The events just posted yesterday and I snagged 2 Suite tickets, and 2 packages for my nephew to run onto the field during starting lineups.

15k for 2 tickets in the suite and 12,500 for 2 tickets and "take the field" experience. Pretty cool gig for baseball fans.

https://auction.starwoodhotels.com/moments/passion/sports/chicago-cubs-spg-luxury-suite

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
This looks pretty cool. Sucks I only have 2000 points left. Need to find a way to get more points fast!

Judge

Level 2 Member
Dang. I was all over this until I saw the fine print "Children under the age of 6 are not permitted in the SPG Luxury Suite." Still, thanks for the heads up.

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
This looks pretty cool. Sucks I only have 2000 points left. Need to find a way to get more points fast!
Do you still have a SPG card? Could you MS 13k in the next month?

I'm pretty certain a few dates would still remain until your next statement close date. It took 3 months for the entire season to sell out last yr, but the Cubs were awful. Expectations are higher this year.

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
Dang. I was all over this until I saw the fine print "Children under the age of 6 are not permitted in the SPG Luxury Suite." Still, thanks for the heads up.
They are pretty strict on this from what I remember from last season.

Note that if you sign up, you must be there in person and show ID to pick up the tickets. You can't gift them or sell them to anyone else.

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
Do you still have a SPG card? Could you MS 13k in the next month?

I'm pretty certain a few dates would still remain until your next statement close date. It took 3 months for the entire season to sell out last yr, but the Cubs were awful. Expectations are higher this year.
I do have a card. Just checked and I only need about 8k. I'm planning a trip up there in late May with another couple. Looking at the May 25 game vs the Nationals. Friends have no way of obtaining the card or points. I'm not sure it's feasible for me to MS all 21k. Decisions decisions...

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
I do have a card. Just checked and I only need about 8k. I'm planning a trip up there in late May with another couple. Looking at the May 25 game vs the Nationals. Friends have no way of obtaining the card or points. I'm not sure it's feasible for me to MS all 21k. Decisions decisions...
Memorial Day may be gone by the time you get your points but it's worth a shot.

jd13

Level 1.75 Member
Does seem like quite a few are gone already. I'm already half way to the 21k I need. Cycle doesn't close until the 4th though. Not sure there is anything I can do but cross my fingers.

Benjamin

Level 2 Member
I was looking into this as I was already planning on visiting Wrigley the last weekend of July for the series with my Mariners. Only thing they have available is box seats for 20K per pair. No suites. A terrible value in this case. I like the idea of the SPG Moments, but they are either a rip-off, or a steal.

Judge

Level 2 Member
I was looking into this as I was already planning on visiting Wrigley the last weekend of July for the series with my Mariners. Only thing they have available is box seats for 20K per pair. No suites. A terrible value in this case. I like the idea of the SPG Moments, but they are either a rip-off, or a steal.
As a fellow Mariners fan please buy this and have your kid go on the field in his Mariners Jersey!

Take the Field Alongside the Chicago Cubs Before They Take on the Seattle Mariners
Chicago, Illinois, United States | 31 Jul, 2016

Treat your favorite little fan to an unforgettable day of baseball at Wrigley Field. Your 7 to 13-year-old Cubs fan will enjoy the thrill of taking the field with a major league team - the Chicago Cubs. After sharing this exhilarating experience, you and your guest will head up to your seats to catch all the action.

Buy: 27,500 STARPOINTS

Redeem by: 28 Jul 2016

Benjamin

Level 2 Member
I don't have any kids...I know of.

Think as a 30YO with a beard I could get away with it? Running on to the field with team that is.

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
I don't have any kids...I know of.

Think as a 30YO with a beard I could get away with it? Running on to the field with team that is.
#1 Cubs make you take off all opposing team's gear to run on the field.
#2. Up to age 12 so depends on how old you look.