Southwest Premier - Higher Bonus Now Available (50,000)

FlyerDad

Level 2 Member
When the new SW Premier card launched, they had a two tier bonus to get up to 65,000 miles. Unfortunately, it was for a limited time and has been 40,000 since then. Yesterday when flying SW I saw that they have an inflght sign up bonus (as well as kiosks in the airport) for 50,000 points for $2,000 spend. I like this card much better than the regular SW personal card, even with the higher fee. I don't know if Chase would match this if you aren't flying, but if you plan to fly anytime soon, and are interested in the card, that would be the time to grab it.

FindAWay

Level 2 Member
When the new SW Premier card launched, they had a two tier bonus to get up to 65,000 miles. Unfortunately, it was for a limited time and has been 40,000 since then. Yesterday when flying SW I saw that they have an inflght sign up bonus (as well as kiosks in the airport) for 50,000 points for $2,000 spend. I like this card much better than the regular SW personal card, even with the higher fee. I don't know if Chase would match this if you aren't flying, but if you plan to fly anytime soon, and are interested in the card, that would be the time to grab it.
Thanks for the info. Was there a website link for the 50k? Or, did it require in-airport / in-flight application? I won't be in a SWA airport until next month and was looking to apply for this card this month.

FlyerDad

Level 2 Member
Unfortunately not. It only worked on the plane using the SW webpage. They also had kiosks in the airport with credit card offers, but I wasn't sure if it was for the Premier or the regular personal site.

skanchur

Why do you prefer the Premier instead of the Plus, if both gives you the same sign up bonus but the former has a higher fee?