Dismiss Notice
Welcome to The Forum. Please register here, to join the conversation. It only takes a moment!

Southwest auto-checkin script

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines' started by MarkD, Jun 7, 2015.

1. haserfauld

haserfauld Level 2 Member

Between B16-B20 for my wife and me on both flights. Ugh.

2. rhinodh

rhinodh Level 2 Member

That's strange...did the script not run or something?

3. haserfauld

Oh it ran. I got the text right away. Must be a mix of early check-in, A-list, Business Select, and the fact check-in was 8:15am and not some god awful hour of the morning.

4. cdancer20

cdancer20 Level 2 Member

Wow. That's really far down the line for checking in right at the exact time. Yea must be A-List and Business Select passengers. I highly doubt that THAT many people remembered to book right at 8:15 on the dot by themselves.

5. haserfauld

I've been spoiled by my complimentary Economy Plus subscription from United and always getting exit rows. No chance of that tomorrow!

6. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Script still Works.. 6:30 AM Flight. Exact Time put in Script A57 and A58. Surprised how far down. Must be the first flight in the Morning. Is there a way to use the script on your Android phone?

7. BuddyFunJet

BuddyFunJet Level 2 Member

TamperMonkey is available in the google play store so it should work but I haven't tested. Also try a Google search of TamperMonkey android.

8. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Thanks for the tip. Will try it since I won't have computer access for the return trip this weekend.

Do like the script. Having the CP this year with a a ton of miles has us going somewhere evey 2 weeks or so.

9. BuddyFunJet

I've set my home computer to check us in for the return trip after getting the outbound numbers. If you do this, don't forget to adjust check in time between home time zone and where the flight leaves.

10. chalkitup

chalkitup Level 2 Member

A29-- thanks!

11. Jook67

Jook67 New Member

Trevor McClellan - where in the updated script do I need to put in my phone number?

12. Jook67

Jook67 New Member

Where in the new script do I input my phone number?

Thanks.

13. BuddyFunJet

You input it on the Southwest checkin page while the script is running

14. Jook67

Jook67 New Member

Newbie here. Thanks for the help BuddyFunJet.

15. BuddyFunJet

Glad to help. I'm a bit of a newbie on scripts also.

16. vinyalwhl

vinyalwhl Level 7 Panda Tamer

Is the extra two seconds required for this? Just curious.

17. jjangoo

jjangoo Level 2 Member

Whenever I set it up without a 2 second delay the site occasionally gives me the "it's not time to check-in yet" error. Not always but every once in a while. I'd personally leave the 2 seconds there.

It's a hit or miss due to variables I don't fully comprehend.

18. cdancer20

cdancer20 Level 2 Member

I agree with jjangoo. I took out the 2 seconds once and it tried to check me in too early. I think I personally upped it to 5 seconds but I don't think that was needed.

19. BuddyFunJet

My guess is that Southwest's server time and your script time are off by a bit and the 2 second buffer patches the problem. I set my computer clock to NIST before running the script but can't set WN so I leave the buffer.

20. vinyalwhl

Good to know, thanks! Saves me from some reckless experimentation o_O

21. R W

R W New Member

I installed the plugin, I think, successfully in Chrome and Firefox, put in the script, modified it and set it to "on" but I'm not seeing any timer panel on the left when I go to https://www.southwest.com/flight/retrieveCheckinDoc.html

Uh... did I do it wrong?

Does it work in current browser versions?

22. jjangoo

jjangoo Level 2 Member

Did you change the url in the script from http to https?

23. R W

R W New Member

Okay, I got it. I changed to the new script above this post in the thread and added @Grant none, like greasemonkey prompted me to do. Then I had to add in the https change once more, which I initially forgot to do. I don't think that @Grant non actually changed anything but the new script is necessary to change. It displays the time setting below the form, not to the left side, which is what I was originally looking for so at first I didn't see it change.

Thanks!

24. vinyalwhl

has anyone else had issues with the TSA hazardous material page?

25. strikeone92

strikeone92 New Member

Thanks for sharing this tool...going to give this a shot in a few weeks! Will update post with results.

Edit: script worked like a charm this morning, got B3 for my flight.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  26. tkky

tkky Level 2 Member

Is this one dead again?

Happy New Year Y'all

27. BuddyFunJet

Hope not. Did it fail for you?

I drop from A-list in 2018 and was counting on the script.

28. BuddyFunJet

Did you download the newest script version? The notes are:

10/03/2017 v1.6.1 JR Hehnly (@stormchasing)
    // Got the script to a state where check-in works, but no auto-text boarding pass yet.
    // Have not determined what event listeners need to be triggered in the phone number form field.
    // Submits sucessfully if last phone number character is manually typed, but fails validation if it's only filled by the script.
    //

29. BuddyFunJet

Darn. Did a test and got a fail too.

30. tkky

tkky Level 2 Member

@BuddyFunJet - sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I tried it. Got the script running again (as you may recall, you bailed me out about a year ago when I tried to get it to work). Countdown works but when you get to t minus 0, it just says "checking in" and doesn't actually check you in.

31. vinyalwhl

Same thing happened to me.