Southwest auto-checkin script

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Between B16-B20 for my wife and me on both flights. Ugh.
Wow. That's really far down the line for checking in right at the exact time. Yea must be A-List and Business Select passengers. I highly doubt that THAT many people remembered to book right at 8:15 on the dot by themselves.

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
Wow. That's really far down the line for checking in right at the exact time. Yea must be A-List and Business Select passengers. I highly doubt that THAT many people remembered to book right at 8:15 on the dot by themselves.
I've been spoiled by my complimentary Economy Plus subscription from United and always getting exit rows. No chance of that tomorrow!

Rooster

Script still Works.. 6:30 AM Flight. Exact Time put in Script A57 and A58. Surprised how far down. Must be the first flight in the Morning. Is there a way to use the script on your Android phone?

Rooster

Thanks for the tip. Will try it since I won't have computer access for the return trip this weekend.

Do like the script. Having the CP this year with a a ton of miles has us going somewhere evey 2 weeks or so.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
I've set my home computer to check us in for the return trip after getting the outbound numbers. If you do this, don't forget to adjust check in time between home time zone and where the flight leaves.

Jook67

There's also a newer version of the script that allows you to input your phone number so it can text you your boarding pass. It was originally updated by JR Hehnly, but I changed a few things to get it to work. Here is the link. If anyone tries it let me know if it works for you.
Where in the new script do I input my phone number?

Thanks.

jjangoo

Level 2 Member
Whenever I set it up without a 2 second delay the site occasionally gives me the "it's not time to check-in yet" error. Not always but every once in a while. I'd personally leave the 2 seconds there.

It's a hit or miss due to variables I don't fully comprehend.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
My guess is that Southwest's server time and your script time are off by a bit and the 2 second buffer patches the problem. I set my computer clock to NIST before running the script but can't set WN so I leave the buffer.

R W

Okay, I got it. I changed to the new script above this post in the thread and added @Grant none, like greasemonkey prompted me to do. Then I had to add in the https change once more, which I initially forgot to do. I don't think that @Grant non actually changed anything but the new script is necessary to change. It displays the time setting below the form, not to the left side, which is what I was originally looking for so at first I didn't see it change.

Thanks!

strikeone92

Thanks for sharing this tool...going to give this a shot in a few weeks! Will update post with results.

Edit: script worked like a charm this morning, got B3 for my flight.

Last edited:

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
Did you download the newest script version? The notes are:

10/03/2017 v1.6.1 JR Hehnly (@stormchasing)
// Got the script to a state where check-in works, but no auto-text boarding pass yet.
// Have not determined what event listeners need to be triggered in the phone number form field.
// Submits sucessfully if last phone number character is manually typed, but fails validation if it's only filled by the script.
//

tkky

Level 2 Member
@BuddyFunJet - sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I tried it. Got the script running again (as you may recall, you bailed me out about a year ago when I tried to get it to work). Countdown works but when you get to t minus 0, it just says "checking in" and doesn't actually check you in.

vinyalwhl

Level 7 Panda Tamer and All-round Good Guy
@BuddyFunJet - sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I tried it. Got the script running again (as you may recall, you bailed me out about a year ago when I tried to get it to work). Countdown works but when you get to t minus 0, it just says "checking in" and doesn't actually check you in.
Same thing happened to me.