Ski Vacation in Switzerland - Anyone Done One?

Refirybo

Silver Member
So we're looking for our next family adventure and we are looking into a ski trip in mid-January. Our younger son doesn't start back to college until late January, so we thought we'd take advantage of a little cheaper prices than if we tried over Christmas.

Anyway, we're thinking about going to Switzerland for our trip. Specifically, flying into Zurich, spending a day or so in the city, then taking a train into the Alps and spending 3-4 days in Zermatt before train tripping once again to Geneva for another couple days of touring before flying home. My wife and I are not really skiers (I've gone a couple times in my life, my wife once), but the boys are pretty avid skiers and snowboarders. We were trying to find a good mix of ski activities as well as non-ski stuff, like touring and other winter activities.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with travelling in Switzerland. Any advice, tips or things we should be aware of?

Eithety

Zermatt is a great spot for your boys to enjoy skiing and snowboarding, and there's plenty for non-skiers too. For non-ski activities, Zermatt offers everything from winter hiking to spa treatments. When booking accommodations, contact Trivago to compare prices and find a good deal, especially in popular areas like Zermatt. Don’t forget to try some Swiss fondue while you’re there - it’s a must!