Sirius XM

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
Thought others may benefit:

6 months ago, I called to cancel ... was offered 50% off ($270). I turned that down and the representative then offered $60 for 6 months (All Access with Internet). I used my Serve to pay for it. Later on, I logged into my account to change the CC on file to a VGC with $0 remaining balance, so I wouldn't be hit with automatic renewal charge ($68 per quarter!!)

I called in the other day ... the representative was nice to just let me renew again for 6 months:

Sirius All Access (6 Month - Promo) which includes internet: $49.99
U.S. Music Royalty Fee: $6.95
State & Local Taxes: $2.85

Total: $59.79​

In my email confirmation:

Important Automatic Renewal Information

For your convenience, your subscription(s) will automatically renew for additional subscription term lengths as stated below starting on 09/02/2015 at the rates in effect at the time of each renewal. In order to cancel your subscription(s) you must call us at 1-866-687-4213 prior to renewal. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms. Below you will find a quote for a full term of service.

Renewal Charges
Sirius All Access (3 Months): $56.97
U.S. Music Royalty Fee: $7.92
State & Local Taxes: $3.24
Total Charges: $68.13​

rhinodh

Level 2 Member
Yep, I had the same deal from them when I called to "cancel" last summer.

The 6 months has now passed, so I called to "cancel" again. I ended up dropping the internet portion and getting 5 or 6 months for about $30, can't remember exactly the price but it was around there.

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
If you're ok with intermittently having Sirius, they'll continue to drop the price. Husband let his lapse about three months ago, and the most recent offer was under $15 for 6 months.

It helps that we have good alternative rock stations in this area.

Dangjr213

Level 2 Member
Do these offers include Sirius traffic? That's the only peice i'm interested but dont want to pay $99 a year.

Vince

Level 2 Member
Yea I let mine lapse. I like to do the $34 for 5 months including Internet but most important it's what I call the "Howard Stern" package because Sirius without howard is like a world with no oxygen. They tried pushing that $50 non sense on me too. I wonder if there still trying to hold strong in that.

SJCRussell

Level 2 Member
I struggle with their pricing. They essentially want $14.99 a month (for basic) which values their content equal to say, HBOGo and well above Netflix or HulePlus. I usually end up paying half that and for 1-2 year terms. I always used a VGC so they can't autorenew.