Singapore Airlines - New Chase UR Partner!

MarcusBWI

Level 2 Member
The title pretty much says it all. I just saw that Singapore KrisFlyer is the newest transfer partner for Chase UR points.

This is great news for those of us working towards a TransPac flight in Singapore Suites class!

booyaa

Level 2 Member
1:1 ratio, transfers within 2 business days! Thanks for the heads up! Amex MR really needs to step it up now!

gasman

Level 2 Member
Wow, this is ridiculously awesome. Here's hoping SQ inventory doesn't take a nosedive.
I hope so too! I've been eyeing one particular date with two seats available and have started the sloooooowww SPG transfer literally the day before yesterday. which yesterday was the first day all the BA blogs exploded with this info.

fulthrust7

Level 2 Member
I am not that excited about this, mostly because of the YQ on EVERY *A partner except united. I see few potential benefits here, however.
1. No close in fee for united domestic travel
2. United first/buiss domestically is 20K one way
3. US to Europe can be attained for ~27.5K (would only do this w united to avoid YQ).
4. US to Hawaii is 17.5K
5. If you want to fly suites (worth the YQ).

lad

Level 2 Member
Yes, another option for cheap flights from main land to Hawaii, plus no close in fee. Love UR!

manicsocks

Level 2 Member
Does anyone know where to find Singapore Airline's stopover policy in writing?

I just got off the phone with SQ about a redemption from the mainland to HNL after xmas and reluctantly handed over an unexpected $200 to them for a "US stopover fee," which I can't find referenced anywhere in their conditions of carriage or anywhere else.

The reason for the fee according to two different agents is that I am flying MCI-SFO-HNL and there is a layover of 6 hrs at SFO; however the dispute is that they are calling it a stopover whereas I think it's a layover. This is a published routing available on both UA and ANA that at first I thought would be great because I hadn't gotten a chance to visit the centurion lounge at SFO yet and my other options were layovers of only about an hour.

I kept quoting "Stopover means a deliberate interruption of the journey by the passenger, at a point between the place of departure and the place of destination, which has been agreed to in advance by Carrier." which is in article one of their conditions of carriage but neither agent would accept my argument that this was a layover, not a stopover. They said that anything over 4 hours within the US is a stopover which incurs a fee of S$130.

I would like to keep HUCA with the above definition, but the English-Singlish language barrier is really frustrating, so that's why I'm looking for a written policy.

Jawa

Level 2 Member
Before transferring points over to Krisflyer, make sure you know how many miles you actually need.
Singapore air offers a 15% discount on miles when you book online. This discount does not show up in the required miles total when you first search for rewards availability. Don't make the same mistake I did =(

cavil

Level 2 Member
1:1 ratio, transfers within 2 business days! Thanks for the heads up! Amex MR really needs to step it up now!
My recent UR transfer to Krisflyer was completed in about 7 hours. I think if you get the timing right it can all happen in one business day.