Short-term (3 months) rental in Miami

Andrew

Level 2 Member
My wife's parents are coming to visit during the winter (Feb/March/April) and want to stay in the Miami area (West Palm Beach is also an option). We live in Boston but they have no desire to spend these months in the Northeast. We'll probably spend a few weeks with them and make weekend trips the rest of the time.

I know the major sites such as airbnb and vrbo, but was wondering if anyone has recommendations for smaller websites that specifically cater to people looking in Florida?

Thank you.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
My wife's parents are coming to visit during the winter (Feb/March/April) and want to stay in the Miami area (West Palm Beach is also an option). We live in Boston but they have no desire to spend these months in the Northeast. We'll probably spend a few weeks with them and make weekend trips the rest of the time.

I know the major sites such as airbnb and vrbo, but was wondering if anyone has recommendations for smaller websites that specifically cater to people looking in Florida?

Thank you.
I don't have an answer for you, but if it helps you for pricing I found on VRBO was around 50%-75% above what rent should be for a month... obviously there is some markup for the short term aspect, but still crazy. I saw sublet.com, but have no experience with them.

Andrew

Level 2 Member
I don't have an answer for you, but if it helps you for pricing I found on VRBO was around 50%-75% above what rent should be for a month... obviously there is some markup for the short term aspect, but still crazy. I saw sublet.com, but have no experience with them.
Thanks Matt.

Yes, that is exactly what I was wondering. I mean AirBnb and VRBO are priced by night, but there should be a better (cheaper) alternative for monthly or multiple month stays than simply paying a price per night multiplied by 90 days.

Unfortunately, the user interface on the sites that are designed for subletting or short-term rentals are horrendous and make searching a real pain.

JeffB

Level 2 Member
That is the busy season so I am not surprised that the prices are high.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
That is the busy season so I am not surprised that the prices are high.
To clarify, I mean I rented a place on VRBO last year for a month or two, and it was going for 50-75% over market. I wasn't talking about the location/season so much as the markups I experienced in the past.