SFO Bay Area

damanjeff6

Level 2 Member
BTW Hyatt Santa Clara is now opening the club on weekends... Just in case your stay is about the bonus 2,500 points.
I asked yesterday afternoon and the person restocking the drinks inside said it was just for that weekend. She said the club will be back to the normal hours after the weekend.

F

Fuerza

I'll be in the Bay Area during Christmas. Any potential gathering on the horizon? I'll be there 22-28 December and I'm planning on staying the night in the city on the weekend.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
I'm also available for some of that time period. Prefer someplace that is easily accessible to public transportation such as BART.

taxicabnumber

Level 2 Member
I'm around on 12/23, out of town for Xmas etc. from 12/24-28. Seems like that doesn't work with "weekend in the city" unfortunately..

Ray

hello- new to this forum here...are there any members in SF here? let me know if you're interested in a meetup of some kind in town.

Confectioneer

San Francisco Bay Area
Hi Ray, I'm in the East Bay. FYI, there's a Meetup group ("SF Travel Hackers") that meets monthly -- the next one is August 18.

But I'm always up for adhoc get-togethers!

Mountainmanduy

Level 2 Member
Hey,

I never been to these meetups. What should I expect? Is it a party where we throw up all our CCs and expired VRs? I kid, but honestly what happens at these meetups. Or is it like fight club???

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Hey,

I never been to these meetups. What should I expect? Is it a party where we throw up all our CCs and expired VRs? I kid, but honestly what happens at these meetups. Or is it like fight club???
There's usually a brief (maybe half hour) presentation done by a volunteer member of the group. After that, we introduce ourselves and our interests, then break up into groups with similar interest to talk. The meetings have run as long as a couple of hours, but you can leave anytime. Eat before you come unless you like skipping dinner.

Confectioneer

San Francisco Bay Area
I am in East Bay, where's this meeting held on Aug 18?
I recommend going to the Meetup website and searching on "SF Travel Hackers". Anyone can join, though they usually limit attendance (to a big #) for room capacity reasons.

They've all been easily accessible by BART.

Maybe we should meet up at the next Meetup so we know each other? :)

cocobird

Level 2 Member
I recommend going to the Meetup website and searching on "SF Travel Hackers". Anyone can join, though they usually limit attendance (to a big #) for room capacity reasons.

They've all been easily accessible by BART.

Maybe we should meet up at the next Meetup so we know each other? :)
I like that idea. Usually these meet-ups have a large group looking to ramp up MS so it's hard to find people that you might "know". There are lots of beginners out there who haven't done any homework, while people who are on this forum have likely got a good foundation at this point. So how should we find one another? Maybe mention this forum during our intros so that we can spot each other?

jfoo

Level 2 Member
I like that idea. Usually these meet-ups have a large group looking to ramp up MS so it's hard to find people that you might "know". There are lots of beginners out there who haven't done any homework, while people who are on this forum have likely got a good foundation at this point. So how should we find one another? Maybe mention this forum during our intros so that we can spot each other?
I agree, it's nice to see a community of people getting together, but I also find that's a lot of beginners at the meetup events. would be nice to get something going of people on here!

taxicabnumber

Level 2 Member
Let's actually try to get something together, then! Do we have enough that we can do separate SF/South Bay/East Bay things or should we shoot for one big thing in either SF or San Mateo (bridge access)?

MaryE

Level 2 Member
Watch out for the lights and turning right on a red in San Mateo, the cameras might get you and then you'll owe a $400.00 fine. Wish I could go. Why is that my luck seems to be - I live a year in an area, and when I move, everyone wants to meet up? Sheesh.:( How about one in Shanghai? There are direct flights. :)

Confectioneer

San Francisco Bay Area
I'm an East Bay person -- it's a bit impromptu, but anyone want to try for a Sunday afternoon (3PM?) get-together in Berkeley? An easily BART-able location.